What is Cry9 Ransomware?
Cry9 is a ransomware type of virus that mainly seems to target Portuguese users. If it manages to get into your computer, it will encrypt your files and demand that you pay to get them back. Ransomware are one of the most dangerous types of malware out there because once the files are encrypted, it is difficult to get them back.
Paying the ransom is not a reliable option because cyber crooks might not necessarily restore your files, they could just take your money and leave you with encrypted files. Fortunately, there is a free decryptor available, developed by EmsiSoft malware researcher, Fabian Wosar. If you find that your files have been indeed encrypted with Cry9 Ransomware, you can use that decryptor to get them back. It also seems that this ransomware enters your computer through remote desktop service by brute forcing it. Remove Cry9 Ransomware and you can then restore your files.
How does Cry9 Ransomware spread?
According to researches, the ransomware logs into the victim’s server by brute forcing the remote desktop services. This allows it to infect your computer directly. Usually, ransomware developers use more simple tactics such as malicious emails attachments and fake downloads. You should never open email attachments from senders you do not know before you make sure they are safe. You need to learn how to differentiate between malicious emails and legitimate ones. Research and make sure that you are always careful. Fake downloads are also a good way to spread ransomware because a lot of users download things from unreliable sources. If you need to obtain something, use legitimate/official web pages.
Why is Cry9 Ransomware dangerous?
Like we already mentioned, once the ransomware enters your computer, it will encrypt your files and then demand that you pay a ransom. It seems that the hackers are asking users to pay 0.5 Bitcoin (around $600, €560). We never suggest paying because cyber criminals rarely decrypt files after payments have been made. They are criminals and do not feel obligated to restore your files. Thankfully, there is no need to pay as a free decryptor has been developed. It should be able to decrypt your files fully. After you delete Cry9 Ransomware, you can restore your files. We recommend that you invest in reliable backup so that this would not happen again. If you had backup prior to infection, you would not need to worry about file encryption because you can always restore them from backup. If you did have backup, you also have the option of just restoring your files from there, instead of using the decryptor. Whichever way you choose, you still need to remove Cry9 Ransomware.
Cry9 Ransomware removal
You will have to obtain professional anti-malware software in order to fully delete Cry9 Ransomware from the computer. Manual Cry9 Ransomware removal is possible but if you do not have much experience, you might end up doing more damage than good. After you erase Cry9 Ransomware, you can decrypt your files.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cry9 RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cry9 Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cry9 Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Cry9 Ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Cry9 Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Cry9 Ransomware
Remove Cry9 Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Cry9 Ransomware
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Cry9 Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Cry9 Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.