CryptoShocker Removal Instructions (Uninstall CryptoShocker)
CryptoShocker is a yet another ransomware infection that attempts to make money off of computer users by encoding their files. It spreads online through corrupted sites, emails with malign attachments, fake ads, unsafe software bundles, and so on. The threat does not differ much from other programs of this type such as CryptoWall, CryptoLocker, TeslaCrypt, and more.
It can infiltrate any Windows version and encrypt all data files that you have on your drives. The malware then demands that you make a payment in exchange for the decryption key. We advise against that. Instead, you should terminate CryptoShocker as soon as possible.
How does CryptoShocker work?
As it has been mentioned above, the parasite uses various deceptive tactics to spread online and get access to your system without your notice. That is why it is imperative that you stay cautious while browsing the Web and only visit sites and download software that you can actually trust. It is also a good idea to have a reliable anti-malware utility installed and updated.
Once the harmful application enters your system, it starts the encryption process by scanning your drives and searching for data files. All detected files get encrypted with the asymmetric encryption algorithm. The ransomware adds .locked extension to the corrupted files. This extension is also used by .Locked virus, which means that CryptoShocker may belong to the same hackers. As soon as the infection is done with data encryption, it automatically launches your browser and opens the TOR site, ATTENTION.url. The site presents you with a message, which states that your files are locked out at the moment and that in order to recover them, you have to deposit the specified amount of Bitcoins to a certain address. The criminals ask for $200 for the decryption tool and key. They even provide you with several transaction methods such as LocalBitcoins, CoinBase, LiberytX, and others. We urge you to disregard the demands of the cyber crooks and advise that you delete CryptoShocker without delay.
How to remove CryptoShocker?
In order to eliminate CryptoShocker from your PC completely, you will have to download and install a powerful anti-malware utility. The software is presented on our site and you are welcome to acquire it here. Once you install and launch it, the security tool will run a full system scan. It will detect all malign elements and delete CryptoShocker along with them. It will erase CryptoShocker in its entirety, so that you do not need to worry about it regenerating afterwards. Moreover, the malware remover also functions as a malware prevention utility by shielding your computer from various Internet parasites. After you remove CryptoShocker, you can to recover your data from backup. If you do not have one, you can try the System Restore feature or one of the free file decryptors you can find online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CryptoShockerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall CryptoShocker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like CryptoShocker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall CryptoShocker and related programs.
Remove CryptoShocker from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall CryptoShocker from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete CryptoShocker from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove CryptoShocker from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for CryptoShocker or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete CryptoShocker from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase CryptoShocker from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove CryptoShocker from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall CryptoShocker from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable CryptoShocker and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.