CTB-Faker virus Removal Instructions (Uninstall CTB-Faker virus)
CTB-Faker virus is a malicious infection that looks very similar to CTB-Locker, however, it does not function in the same manner. It falls into the category of ransomware. The harmful application aims at extorting money from you by restricting access to your files. It then presents you with a ransom note that claims that your files have been encrypted by CTB-Locker and that the only way to get them back is by purchasing the private key.
Although that is not exactly the case, you still will not be able to open your files without a certain password. You do not need to deal with the cyber crooks to recover your data as you can do it yourself. Please note that you also have to delete CTB-Faker virus from your PC.
How does CTB-Faker virus work?
Unlike other ransomware, CTB-Faker virus has a very specific distribution method. It spreads through fake accounts on adult websites. These accounts contain links that supposedly lead to striptease videos. Once you click on the link, a zip file is downloaded onto your computer. If you run the executable that comes in the zip file, the ransomware starts the encryption process.
The virus does not use encryption algorithms and, instead, it creates password-protected .zip archive. In this file, you will find all data that was stored in the C:Users folder. The parasite encodes the following file formats: photos, executables, audios, videos, and other data. During the archiving process, your computer will run extremely slowly, because the infection uses up a lot of CPU resources.
After the encryption is complete, your system will be automatically restarted and a ransom note will appear on your screen. The note will state that you have 7 days to pay $50 for your files. Otherwise, the price of the key will be doubled. You are also presented with the Bitcoin address and the email that you are supposed to contact after you make the payment. As we have already mentioned, you should not pay the cyber criminals a cent. You can find a way to restore your data online for free. Such programs as Shadow Explorer or Recuva can help you with that. Make sure that you terminate CTB-Faker virus afterwards.
How to remove CTB-Faker virus?
In order to remove CTB-Faker virus from your system completely, you will have to use a powerful malware prevention and removal tool. You can download the anti-malware from our website. It will remove CTB-Faker virus without any difficulty. Once the security software gets installed, it will perform a full system scan. The utility will find all components of the infection and delete CTB-Faker virus in its entirety. In addition to CTB-Faker virus removal, it will also provide your PC with real-time online protection, so that you never have to deal with similar issues again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CTB-Faker virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall CTB-Faker virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like CTB-Faker virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall CTB-Faker virus and related programs.
Remove CTB-Faker virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall CTB-Faker virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete CTB-Faker virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove CTB-Faker virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for CTB-Faker virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete CTB-Faker virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase CTB-Faker virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove CTB-Faker virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall CTB-Faker virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable CTB-Faker virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.