Cusbe.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Cusbe.com)
Cusbe.com is a website that redirects you to Hao123.com. Both of them fall into the category of browser hijackers. The Hao123.com page belongs to a China-based company called Baidu. It provides you with quick access to various online content. The page is aimed at Chinese-speaking users, so unless you speak the language, it will be completely useless to you.
The hijacker aims at promoting its sponsors and boosting web traffic. There is no reason why you should keep in installed as it not only alters your browser settings, but also causes other inconveniences, most of which have to do with exposing you to advertising data. We advise that you remove Cusbe.com as soon as you can.
How does Cusbe.com work?
In case you are not sure how Cusbe.com ended up in your browsers, you may want to know that it travels bundled with other freeware. Most potentially unwanted programs use this distribution method as it allows them to enter computer systems unnoticed by the users. However, these programs can be avoided. All you need to do is install free software in the Advanced mode, pay attention to every step of the installation wizard, and deselect all addition apps presented in it.
Once the hijacker takes over, it sets your home page and default search engine to Cusbe.com, however, every time this page opens, it instantly reroutes you to Hao123.com. The site contains lots of links and ads. It presents you with links to pages related to News, Entertainment, Games, Travel, Shopping, and more. We do not recommend interacting with the webpage in any way, because it presents you with suspicious content. Clicking on it could lead you to malign websites containing false information, scams, etc. If you do not wish to expose your PC to unnecessary risks, you should eliminate Cusbe.com from your browsers right away.
How to remove Cusbe.com?
Cusbe.com removal can be completed in one of two ways: manually or automatically. If you choose to delete Cusbe.com, you will have to identify and delete the hijacker’s associated program from your PC. Afterwards, you will be able to restore your browser preferences. Instructions on how to terminate Cusbe.com manually are presented below the article. If, on other hand, you decide to delete Cusbe.com automatically, you will need to use a malware removal tool. It will scan your system, detect, and eliminate all threats. In addition to cleaning your computer, the security software will also keep it safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cusbe.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cusbe.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cusbe.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Cusbe.com and related programs.
Remove Cusbe.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cusbe.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cusbe.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cusbe.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cusbe.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cusbe.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cusbe.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cusbe.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cusbe.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cusbe.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.