What is DailyProductivityTools Toolbar?
DailyProductivityTools is advertised as a toolbar that provides numerous useful features but is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). The company behind this PUP, Mindspark Interactive Network, is known to have produced numerous browser hijackers and this is no different. You may not remember obtaining it which means it must have entered your computer along with free software.
You need to start paying closer attention to how you install free software because you allowed this PUP to install yourself. It is not malicious so there is no need to worry about it harming your computer directly but it is not harmless. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and then attempt to redirect you to sponsored web pages. This is why it even exists, it merely aims to make money by redirecting you. The worrying thing is, those redirects may not always be safe. You could end up on dangerous pages with malware on it. We suggest you delete DailyProductivityTools Toolbar immediately.
How does DailyProductivityTools Toolbar spread?
DailyProductivityTools Toolbar spreads just like any other PUP and that is via free software. It was attached to some kind of free software that you installed and because you missed it, it was allowed to install alongside. In order to prevent these unwanted installations, you need to start using Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. You will see what has been added and will be able to deselect everything. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes so it does not take any extra time. You could have also downloaded it from the official web page. Whether you choose to install it or not, we suggest you remove DailyProductivityTools Toolbar.
Why uninstall DailyProductivityTools Toolbar?
As soon as DailyProductivityTools Toolbar installs, your browser’s settings will be changed. If you did not choose to install it, those changes will come as a surprise as you were not asked to permit them. All leading browsers will be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. hp.myway.com will be set as your homepage and new tab and if you want to change it, you would need to delete DailyProductivityTools Toolbar first. We do not recommend engaging with the search engine provided in the web page as it inserts sponsored content into the results. It aims to make money by redirecting you so do not be surprised if you are taken to all kinds of unrelated pages. What you should be careful about is redirects to malicious pages. Hijackers do not filter through the pages they direct you to so you could end up on infected pages. To protect your computer, you should remove DailyProductivityTools Toolbar.
DailyProductivityTools Toolbar removal
If you can locate where DailyProductivityTools Toolbar is hiding, you can uninstall DailyProductivityTools Toolbar manually. But if you do not feel confident, we suggest you opt for automatic DailyProductivityTools Toolbar removal. The program would locate and erase DailyProductivityTools Toolbar and you would not need to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DailyProductivityTools ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DailyProductivityTools Toolbar. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like DailyProductivityTools Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall DailyProductivityTools Toolbar and related programs.
Remove DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DailyProductivityTools Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DailyProductivityTools Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DailyProductivityTools Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.