What is DigiSmirkz Toolbar?
DigiSmirkz is a dubious toolbar developed by Mindspark Interactive Network. It is promoted as a browser extension that will allow you to insert various emoticons to your messages and emails. While some users might consider it useful, malware specialists classify it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker. It is available for download on the official website but it can also spread using software bundles. It will make changes to your browser and attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages. That is the main purpose of DigiSmirkz Toolbar. It aims to generate traffic for those sites and in that way make income. While PUPs are not regarded as high-level threats, they can expose users to malicious content which could do a lot of damage. It is not recommended to allow PUPs to remain on the system and we suggest you delete DigiSmirkz Toolbar as soon as possible.
How did I get DigiSmirkz Toolbar?
PUPs can usually be obtained from official websites and download stores but they also spread with free software. If you frequently install free software, you might have noticed that sometimes adware and browser hijackers install together with it. When installing programs, you need to pay close attention to the process and read everything. If there is something attached, it should be stated during the installation process. If possible, always use Advanced or Custom settings and deselect added items. All you have to do is uncheck the boxes and that will prevent added items from installing. If you wish to avoid having to remove DigiSmirkz Toolbar or similar, make sure you always deselect added items.
Why uninstall DigiSmirkz Toolbar?
DigiSmirkz Toolbar is advertised as a tool that provides emoticons and that certainly seems useful to some users but it has negative features that should make you reconsider allowing DigiSmirkz Toolbar to remain on your system. It will make changes to your browser and if you did not install it willingly, those changes will come as a surprise. They will happen without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you delete DigiSmirkz Toolbar first. Your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers will have hp.myway.com as their homepages and that might not seem like a big deal but if you use the provided search engine, your results will be flooded with sponsored results. The hijacker aims to generate income and it will do that by redirecting you to those sponsored sites. You could also be led to malicious sites and end up with malware on your computer, which is why we suggest you remove DigiSmirkz Toolbar.
DigiSmirkz Toolbar removal
If you have decided to uninstall DigiSmirkz Toolbar, you can do so in two ways. If you have, or are planning on getting anti-malware software, you can have it erase DigiSmirkz Toolbar quickly. Manual DigiSmirkz Toolbar removal is possible and we will provide instructions to help you, but it is more time-consuming as you will have to locate the PUP yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DigiSmirkz ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DigiSmirkz Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DigiSmirkz Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall DigiSmirkz Toolbar and related programs.
Remove DigiSmirkz Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DigiSmirkz Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DigiSmirkz Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DigiSmirkz Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DigiSmirkz Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DigiSmirkz Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DigiSmirkz Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DigiSmirkz Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DigiSmirkz Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DigiSmirkz Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.