About DirectionsOnline Toolbar
DirectionsOnline Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker that is advertised as an extension that will supposedly allow you to access direction related services. While you may be able to obtain it from legitimate sources, it can also get into your computer via software bundles. This is why users need to be more careful about how they install free programs. PUPs and hijackers are attached as additional offers and that means that you don’t need to install it if you don’t want to. But it is set to install alongside the freeware and in order to stop it, you need to manually deselect it during freeware installation. If you are really unlucky, you could be led to malicious pages where dangerous software is lurking. Your best bet is to delete DirectionsOnline Toolbar.
How did you get infected with DirectionsOnline Toolbar?
If you have no recollection of installing the PUP, you probably have recently installed freeware. The programs you get from the Internet have extra offers and you need to manually deselect them to prevent their installation. This can be done in Advanced or Custom settings of the installation process by unchecking the boxes that become visible there. You will not be able to do anything if you rush through the installation process in Default settings and will only end up having to remove DirectionsOnline Toolbar or similar later on.
Why should you uninstall DirectionsOnline Toolbar?
The moment DirectionsOnline Toolbar enters your computer, it will change your browser’s settings and set hp.myway.com as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. If you installed DirectionsOnline Toolbar yourself, the changes might not be a surprise but for those who didn’t, the new homepage might become an annoyance. This can affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And you will be stuck with the homepage until you delete DirectionsOnline Toolbar. You will be presented with a search engine and links to direction related sites. All may be okay with the links but if you use the search engine, it may insert sponsored content into the results to make you visit those sites. The more traffic those sponsored sites get, the more money they can earn. You, on the other hand, will gain nothing by visiting those pages. Some hijackers are even able to redirect users to malicious pages so you could end up with malware, as a worst case scenario. Remove DirectionsOnline Toolbar.
DirectionsOnline Toolbar removal
You should not have any troubles with DirectionsOnline Toolbar removal. There will be a guide provided below this article to help you uninstall DirectionsOnline Toolbar. If you still have trouble, you can employ professional removal software to erase DirectionsOnline Toolbar. This would be an easier choice because you would not need to search for where the PUP is hiding.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DirectionsOnline ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DirectionsOnline Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DirectionsOnline Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall DirectionsOnline Toolbar and related programs.
Remove DirectionsOnline Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DirectionsOnline Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DirectionsOnline Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DirectionsOnline Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DirectionsOnline Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DirectionsOnline Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DirectionsOnline Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DirectionsOnline Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DirectionsOnline Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DirectionsOnline Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.