Discount Buddy Removal Guide
Discount Buddy is an advertising-supported browser extension developed by 215 Apps and Innovative Apps. It is promoted as a tool that will help you save money while purchasing goods online. The program should show you all available coupons for a particular site when you open it. Although it may seem like a beneficial tool, the adware is not as useful as it claims to be.
Its main purpose has nothing to do with helping you save money. The application is actually aimed at making profit for its developers by exposing you to never-ending advertisements. We suggest that you delete Discount Buddy from your PC without hesitation.
Although Discount Buddy has an official webpage, discount-buddy.com, the download button on it does not seem to work. This means that it gets distributed with the help of free third party software. The application gets attached to freeware and shareware and is usually presented in their installation wizards as an additional offer. If you do not notice and decline this offer, the program gets installed automatically. That is why you should always pay attention to what you install onto your computer and what additional programs are offered to you. This is especially true for free software, because it often comes with potentially unwanted and ad-supported applications.
As soon as Discount Buddy gets installed, it starts inserting adverts into your browsers. All major browsers are compatible with the extension. The commercial data that you see online will not be limited to shopping sites. You will see pop-ups, coupons, hyperlinks, banners, and other ads no matter what pages you visited. Not all of these ads can be trusted. You may be exposed to fake adverts aimed at tricking you into infecting your PC or wasting your money. If you do not want to risk your online safety, you should terminate Discount Buddy as soon as you can.
How to remove Discount Buddy?
You can uninstall Discount Buddy from your computer manually or you can remove it using an anti-malware tool. If you choose the first option, you will have to delete Discount Buddy via Control Panel and also eliminate its extension from your browsers. Instructions presented below the article can help you with both of these tasks. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware utility from our page and use it to erase Discount Buddy automatically. The security tool will not only help you remove Discount Buddy and other unwanted programs from your computer, but also to keep it clean and safe in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Discount BuddyUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Discount Buddy. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Discount Buddy and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Discount Buddy and related programs.
Remove Discount Buddy from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Discount Buddy from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Discount Buddy from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Discount Buddy from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Discount Buddy or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Discount Buddy from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Discount Buddy from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Discount Buddy from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Discount Buddy from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Discount Buddy and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.