dnav.com is a browser hijacker that installs along with freeware. You can get infected if you install freeware in Default settings and once it’s on your computer, it will hijack your browser and modify its’ settings. It will redirect you to dnav.com and will show you loads of ads. It does that to earn money so it’s not useful to you. While it’s not a direct computer threat, it can still harm your computer. And it can do that by redirecting you to a dangerous website. Worst case scenario, you will end up with malware. You are unnecessarily putting your computer in danger, so we suggest you remove dnav.com.
How does dnav.com spread?
Browser hijackers spread via freeware. It’s attached as an optional item that installs automatically unless you do not let it. And by using Default settings when you install freeware, you are allowing it to install. Those settings do now show you if anything is added to freeware so you need to use Advanced settings if you care about your computer’s security. If something you do not want is added to freeware, you can deny the installation by unchecking those items. You computer could become exposed to all sorts of unwanted programs when you carelessly install something, so always be aware. And if it managed to install, delete dnav.com.
Why uninstall dnav.com?
Browser hijackers are in now way useful to you. They exist to make money for website owners and they do that by redirecting you to those websites. If dnav.com installs onto your computer, it will alter your browser’s settings and set dnav.com as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Every time you open your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome), you will be redirected to dnav.com. And you might not be able to change the settings back without first having to remove dnav.com. The search engine will give you loads of sponsored results and ads will become very intrusive, that is what is going to happen if you continue to use dnav.com. Those weird search results and ads might lead you to dangerous websites, which could lead to malware. Basically, it’s of no use to you. Why keep such a program on your computer? Delete dnav.com and you can go back to normal browsing.
You can uninstall dnav.com in two ways, automatically or by hand. Automatic dnav.com removal requires anti-malware software. If you want to erase dnav.com manually, instructions will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dnav.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dnav.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dnav.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dnav.com and related programs.
Remove Dnav.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dnav.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dnav.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dnav.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dnav.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dnav.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dnav.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dnav.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dnav.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dnav.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.