About this infection
Download Converter Now is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), more specifically, a browser hijacker. It’s almost identical to countless other hijackers, the only difference being it has a different name and offers a different service. Otherwise, it looks and operates the same. Browser hijackers are not malicious infections so no need to be too worried if you open your browser and see this weird page loading instead of your usual homepage.
Hijackers change browser’s settings so that they could redirect you to sponsored content and in that way, earn income. While they are not malicious infections, hijackers can cause damage, albeit indirectly. They could lead you to some rather dangerous sites, where malware could be lurking. This, and the fact that it used software bundles to enter, indicates you need to delete Download Converter Now.
Why remove Download Converter Now?
Browser hijackers can enter your computer via free software bundles. It usually works on users who tend to rush program installation processes or just don’t really pay attention to them at all. They are added to freeware in a way that allows them to install alongside, unless you deselect them. And that can only be done in Advanced or Custom settings. Instead of Default, always choose those settings and you will be able to check for additional offers. Those settings will also allow you to deselect everything. We do not recommend leaving any boxes ticked because those items were concealed from you, thus do not belong on your system. Unless you enjoy having to uninstall Download Converter Now or similar.
Just like all hijackers do, this one will immediately change your browser’s settings. You will have a different homepage, new tabs and default search engine. Those changes are done without your permission, and are not undoable unless you first delete Download Converter Now. Until you do, you will be stuck with your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers loading a weird site every time open them. The hijacker is advertised as a useful conversion tool, it seems to allow to convert to PDF and DOC. It also provides a search engine, which we do not suggest using. Hijackers like to redirect and they do it via search engines. Sponsored links will be inserted among the legitimate results, and if you were to click on one of them, you would be taken to an unrelated website for the purpose of making money from traffic. You should also know that hijackers are able to lead to malicious sites this way, which could lead to malware. Unless you want that, you should remove Download Converter Now.
Download Converter Now removal
If you have decided to uninstall Download Converter Now, you can do it in two ways. If you don’t have much experience when it comes to computers, you may want to obtain anti-spyware software and have it do everything. Manual Download Converter Now removal, while fully possible, might take more than you realize as you will have to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Download Converter NowUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Download Converter Now. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Download Converter Now and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Download Converter Now and related programs.
Remove Download Converter Now from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Download Converter Now from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Download Converter Now from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Download Converter Now from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Download Converter Now or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Download Converter Now from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Download Converter Now from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Download Converter Now from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Download Converter Now from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Download Converter Now and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.