DownSpeedTest Toolbar Removal Instructions
By some computer experts DownSpeedTest Toolbar is classified as a potentially unwanted application. The application turns out to be a disappointment and users soon start searching for a way to get rid of DownSpeedTest Toolbar.
If you are one of those users, we recommend to read the following article. You will learn more about this software and also will find the instructions on how to delete DownSpeedTest Toolbar.
What does DownSpeedTest Toolbar do?
You probably already noticed that the toolbar changes your home page and default search engine to Ask.com the moment it infiltrates your system. Even though Ask.com is not a malicious website, most users are unhappy with unauthorized modifications. Both the toolbar and the new search tool drastically alter user’s browsing habits. Add to that the fact that Ask.com is known for the promotion of the third parties’ content and you will find it very hard to adjust to changes. In between your search results, you will see additional links and next to them, you will notice advertisements from unknown third parties. If such search quality does not satisfy you, eliminate DownSpeedTest Toolbar.
Another thing that you should known about this application is that sometimes it travels bundled with freeware or even malware. This not only means that the application can enter your computer without permission, but also that it can install malicious software at the same time. To protect your PC, you should monitor every step of free of charge software installations in order to ensure that no unwanted software sneaks inside. Choose Advanced or Custom option and be more attentive in the future. For now, remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar.
How to remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar?
From this article, it should be clear that DownSpeedTest Toolbar can be very untrustworthy. If you installed it yourself, you probably know what you should expect. However, very often the intruder enters new computer in a freeware bundle and surprises the user with strange toolbar and new search engine. If that is what happened to you or if you are simply unsatisfied with the services provided by this application, you should remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar. Below, you will find detailed instructions on how to eliminate DownSpeedTest Toolbar. Of course, you can always employ a reputable and up-to-date computer security tool and use it to get rid of DownSpeedTest Toolbar. The same anti-spyware would also protect your PC in the future.
Delete DownSpeedTest Toolbar
Windows Vista & Windows 7
1. Pres Windows logo on the Taskbar to open Start menu.
2. Pick the Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click DownSpeedTest Toolbar.
4. Choose Uninstall and terminate DownSpeedTest Toolbar.
1. Tap Start button on the Taskbar and move to Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs and open Change or Remove Programs.
3. Uninstall DownSpeedTest Toolbar.
1. Right-click on the Metro UI screen and click All apps.
2. Select Control Panel and navigate to Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click DownSpeedTest Toolbar and choose Uninstall.
Erase DownSpeedTest Toolbar from your browsers
1. Simultaneously click Ctrl+Shift+A and choose Extensions.
2. Eliminate all unknown extensions and close the tab.
3. Tap Alt+T and move to Options.
4. Open General tab and remove/change the home page.
5. Press OK and leave the menu.
6. Choose the icon in the search box and select Manage Search engines.
7. Delete the untrustworthy search engine and choose another as your default.
8. Click OK.
1. Press Alt+X and access Manage add-ons.
2. In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unwanted extensions.
3. Select Search Providers and overwrite the search engine.
4. Save changes and close the window.
5. Tap Alt+X and open Internet Options.
6. Change/delete your home page (in the General tab) and click OK.
1. Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
2. Open Extensions and delete the unwanted extensions.
3. Pick Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, remove/change the home page and press OK.
5. Go to Manage Search Engines (under search) and replace the current search engine with a new one.
6. Click Done and restart the browser.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DownSpeedTest ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DownSpeedTest Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DownSpeedTest Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.