What is EasyFileConvert?
EasyFileConvert is a toolbar that is supposed to provide you with such valuable feature as converting your files into different formats. At least, that is how it is promoted on its official website. Despite its name and how it is advertised, the main purpose of the app is not to help you convert files more easily. It is to earn revenue through pay-per-click system. The application is ad-supported, so it will expose you to various advertisements as long as you keep it installed. If you wish to eliminate the ads, you will have to get rid of EasyFileConvert.
How does EasyFileConvert work?
Although EasyFileConvert can be downloaded from its webpage, it can also be acquired through other freeware. This method of distribution is called bundling. You need to be aware of it, because if you do not know how it works, you will end up installing even more unwanted programs onto your PC. When you install software from third party sites, other apps usually come with the software of your choice. You can avoid them by deselecting them from the installation wizard. The additional offers often appear in the Advanced mode, which is where you can decline them.
The potentially unwanted program is not malware, however, that does not mean that it is completely harmless either. It will cause your computer to work slower than normal or even malfunction. For the most part, though, it will affect your browsing. You may experience redirects to unknown sites and you will most certainly be exposed to random ads. These adverts will follow everywhere you go online. They are not monitored by any security systems, so they can be completely unreliable. If you do not wish to risk your PC safety, you should not hesitate to terminate EasyFileConvert.
How to remove EasyFileConvert?
Luckily, it is easy enough to uninstall EasyFileConvert from your computer. You should, however, make sure that you do not have any other unwanted applications installed. There are two options to choose from: manual or automatic EasyFileConvert removal. If you want to go the more effective route, you should go with the latter. If you use an anti-malware utility to scan and clean your system, you will be sure that you not only delete EasyFileConvert, but also any other dangerous components that might be threatening your PC security. Moreover, the malware remover also comes with such features as real-time online protection, which is extremely handy. If, however, you decide to erase EasyFileConvert manually after all, you are welcome to follow the instructions provided right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove EasyFileConvertUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall EasyFileConvert. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like EasyFileConvert and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall EasyFileConvert and related programs.
Remove EasyFileConvert from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall EasyFileConvert from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete EasyFileConvert from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove EasyFileConvert from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for EasyFileConvert or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete EasyFileConvert from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase EasyFileConvert from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove EasyFileConvert from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall EasyFileConvert from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable EasyFileConvert and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.