ExcellentSearch.org is a browser hijacker than can get into your computer via free software bundles. It’s not malicious and will not harm your computer directly but it will frustrate you with its habit of redirecting you to sponsored websites. It does that so that it can generate per-per-click revenue fro those sponsored websites. All browser hijackers aim to do the same and ExcellentSearch.org is not an exception. It will also make unwanted changes to your browser so that it can direct you easier. Even though we mentioned before that ExcellentSearch.org is not malicious, it does not mean it cannot bring about trouble. It might lead you to some dangerous websites where you could end up downloading malware by accident. If you do not want that to happen, you need to remove ExcellentSearch.org.
Why should you delete ExcellentSearch.org?
If you are wondering why ExcellentSearch.org is installed, then you need to start paying more attention to how you install freeware. Unwanted items like ExcellentSearch.org are attached to freeware and that allows them to install automatically if they are not deselected. Many users make the mistake of using Default settings because they think it’s recommended to do so. Default settings do not show you attached items so they’re not the settings you should opt for. The only way to prevent the added items from installing would be to deselect them and that can be done only in Advanced (Custom) settings. If you uncheck the added items, you will not need to uninstall ExcellentSearch.org or other unwanted items.
You have probably already noticed this but ExcellentSearch.org has set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These changes are made without your knowledge and you would struggle with undoing them because ExcellentSearch.org employs tools to prevent your from doing so. If that were the case, the only way to restore the settings would be to delete ExcellentSearch.org. If you use the provided search engine, you will notice that it inserts a lot of sponsored content into the search results. This is done so that it could lead you to sponsored websites and earn income for them. ExcellentSearch.org will not benefit you in any way. In facts, it could even lead you to potentially dangerous websites, where you could end up downloading a malicious computer virus. If that were to happen, you would be in serious trouble as malware is a much more serious issue compared to a mere browser hijacker. If you want to keep your computer safe, you need to make sure you uninstall ExcellentSearch.org fully.
To remove ExcellentSearch.org, you can choose from two options. You can either erase ExcellentSearch.org using a capable removal tool or you do it yourself. Automatic ExcellentSearch.org removal is the quickest option because the program will locate and eliminate ExcellentSearch.org. If you choose to terminate ExcellentSearch.org manually, you will have to do everything yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ExcellentSearch.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ExcellentSearch.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ExcellentSearch.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall ExcellentSearch.org and related programs.
Remove ExcellentSearch.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ExcellentSearch.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ExcellentSearch.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ExcellentSearch.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ExcellentSearch.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ExcellentSearch.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ExcellentSearch.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ExcellentSearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ExcellentSearch.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ExcellentSearch.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.