What is Extaratorrent.is?
Extaratorrent.is is a questionable search engine that has been placed into the category of browser hijacker for the way it acts. You should avoid this search engine and remove it immediately from all your browsers (it usually affects Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox). We know that Extaratorrent.is does not look like an untrustworthy search tool but you should know that it only seeks to promote third-party websites that belong to its partners.
These websites might be dangerous, so it is better to remove Extaratorrent.is right now and use a more reliable search tool instead of it. It will not be easy to delete Extaratorrent.is as it changes the settings of all the browsers, but we are sure that you could do this by yourself if you read this report till the end.
What does Extaratorrent.is do?
As you already know, Extaratorrent.is is a browser hijacker that will change the settings of browsers by setting itself as the default search engine and homepage. We would not say that it is harmful if it did not show advertisements in the search results page and did not gather information associated with users’ activities on the web. Yes, researchers have found that Extaratorrent.is alters search result by placing various links leading to affiliate websites. Nobody knows whether or not these websites can be trusted, so you might really end up on an unreliable web page one day. Also, many users find those sponsored links irritating and cannot find the information on the web quickly. Of course, the commercial content is not the only reason we suggest users to uninstall Extaratorrent.is from their browsers. Malware experts do not consider it a reputable search tool because they have found out that it is interested in the information about users, their systems, and their activities. Of course, all this gathered information is shared with those affiliate websites it promotes as well, so it would be best to delete Extaratorrent.is without further consideration, if your privacy matters for you.
How did Extaratorrent.is browser hijacker appear on my system?
What you can do to prevent all kinds of threats from entering your computer is to drop the useless habit of skipping the installation steps. Users who skip them do not see what programs are going to be installed and they cannot cancel the installation process. In addition, you need to install an anti-malware/anti-spyware application if you want to feel safe. Do this right after the Extaratorrent.is removal to protect your computer from other harmful infections.
How can I delete Extaratorrent.is?
Browser hijackers are not very serious threats, but it is not that easy to eliminate them from the computer. Believe us; it might be hard to remove Extaratorrent.is from all the browsers as well, so we suggest that you do not even try to erase Extaratorrent.is manually. In other words, you should go straight for the automatic Extaratorrent.is removal. It is evident that you do not have a good antimalware tool if Extaratorrent.is has entered your computer, so you will have to acquire one first.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Extratorrent.isUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Extratorrent.is. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Extratorrent.is and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Extratorrent.is and related programs.
Remove Extratorrent.is from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Extratorrent.is from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Extratorrent.is from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Extratorrent.is from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Extratorrent.is or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Extratorrent.is from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Extratorrent.is from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Extratorrent.is from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Extratorrent.is from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Extratorrent.is and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.