What is FileShareFanatic Toolbar?
Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc., FileShareFanatic Toolbar is promoted as an app that allows you to send, share, and store files in a quick and easy way. It is a free tool and it supports different file formats including audios, videos, documents, images, and more.
Unfortunately, the program’s developers are infamous for creating software that appears useful at first, but is actually aimed at generating revenue through the pay-per-click system. If you do not find the toolbar beneficial to you any longer, you should get rid of FileShareFanatic Toolbar without further delay.
How does FileShareFanatic Toolbar work?
It is highly likely that you acquired FileShareFanatic by accident as it uses the bundling distribution method, which is not completely straightforward. Additional apps get attached to freeware and appear in the Advanced mode of the installation wizard. Unless you choose this mode and decline the offers, you get stuck with unwelcome programs unwittingly. You should try to avoid that in the future as there is nothing useful about potentially unwanted applications or adware.
Once the app gets access to your PC, it installs a toolbar to your browsers. This toolbar has such buttons as Convert Files, Share via URL, Share via Email, and so on. It also changes your browser settings replacing your home page and search provider with Ask.com. This is done to present you with sponsored links. In addition to that, you will also start noticing random ads no matter which pages you open. These adverts (and possibly redirects) will be a constant distraction, not to mention that they will slow down your surfing. Moreover, you should know that the presented content is not checked by any security scanners, so it could be unreliable. Interacting with it is not something that we would recommend, if you wish to keep your computer and your personal data safe.
How to remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar?
As the app lowers the level of your online surfing quality and security, it is best to eliminate FileShareFanatic Toolbar from your browsers. FileShareFanatic Toolbar removal can be completed in two ways: manually or automatically. We have prepared the manual FileShareFanatic Toolbar removal guide on this site, which explains how to uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar and restore your browser settings. Alternatively, you can delete FileShareFanatic Toolbar automatically. You will need to use an anti-malware tool for this option. The anti-malware from our page can scan your PC, detect all issues, and erase FileShareFanatic Toolbar without any trouble. It can also help you keep your computer protected from other Internet-based parasites.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FileShareFanatic ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like FileShareFanatic Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar and related programs.
Remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FileShareFanatic Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FileShareFanatic Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FileShareFanatic Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.