What is ForSearch.net?
ForSearch.net is a browser hijacker that promotes a questionable search engine. It must have entered your computer together with free software as that is the common way hijackers spread. Usually, browser hijackers are not malicious but that does not mean they are harmless. Its main goal is to generate income by redirecting you to sponsored pages. For that purpose, it will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage.
While hijackers are regarded as low-level threats, they are not harmless. Those redirects you will be experiencing might end in a serious malware infection. You could be led to a dangerous web page and accidentally download malware. In any case, the hijacker will not benefit you in any way, it will only inconvenience you. We strongly recommend you remove ForSearch.net from the system.
How does ForSearch.net spread?
Browser hijackers spread using software bundles. They are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside. In order to prevent these unwanted installations, we suggest you always use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. Do not rush through the process in Default because you will not be able to deselect added items. In Advanced, you will see what has been added and all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of those added items. You can then proceed to install the free software. You should uninstall ForSearch.net at once now that you understand how it managed to enter your system.
Why delete ForSearch.net?
As soon as you install this hijacker onto your computer, it will take over your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. ForSearch.net will be set as your homepage and new tabs. These changes were carried out without your permission and you will be unable to undo them unless you first remove ForSearch.net. Until then, every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to ForSearch.net. If you have anti-malware software on your computer, it may immediately react and block access to the site as it has potentially dangerous content. If you do enter the site, we strongly advise against using the provided search engine. It will insert sponsored pages into the results so that it could make income by leading you to them. You may also be led to possibly dangerous web pages where malicious viruses could be lurking. If you do not want to end up with serious malware on your computer, you need to stay away from the page. And if you want to go back to usual browsing, we suggest you uninstall ForSearch.net.
In order to fully delete ForSearch.net, you may need to invest in professional anti-malware software. The program would take care of ForSearch.net removal quickly and you would not need to do anything. You can also erase ForSearch.net manually but you will have to locate the hijacker yourself and that can be tricky as it is hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ForSearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ForSearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ForSearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ForSearch.net and related programs.
Remove ForSearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ForSearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ForSearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ForSearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ForSearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ForSearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ForSearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ForSearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ForSearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ForSearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.