Friendlyerror.com Removal Guide
Has friendlyerror.com replaced your default search provider and homepage? If yes, then you can be positive that you are infected with a suspicious browser hijacker. We are sure that the changes were implemented without your consent, and this reason can be important enough to remove friendlyerror.com from your PC system. Its creator is EMG Technology Limited, which is known for potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
Our security team doesn’t recommend using the malicious search engine because, if used excessively, it may cause fatal system errors. Unfortunately, users might think that the engine is reliable. It displays shortcuts to Facebook, Twitter, eBay, etc. Each and every browser can get corrupted by the browser hijacker: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.
Why is friendlyerror.com dangerous?
It is interesting to hear that the main goal of this hijacker is to promote ProtectediO, which is, ironically, a malware removal tool. It is a very dirty promotion tactic and you should not support the application. Instead, delete friendlyerror.com and invest in a legitimate and honest anti-malware and anti-spyware program. FriendlyError belongs to the family of Qvo6 browser hijackers, and this causes instant suspicion regarding friendlyerror.com. The PUP itself is not considered to be very useful in comparison to other search engines. It’s a pity that the engine produces sponsored search results that look like the real ones. This is one of its tactics to deceive users into pressing the links that may spread further infections. Also, friendlyerror.com displays all kinds of advertisements from pop-ups to discount offers. The content of the third-party pages that are responsible for the ads is not supervised, and that’s why users should avoid the ads. Also, the search engine changes the shortcut to your default browser thus making it a real pain to remove. If you think that the browser hijacker’s behavior is intrusive and despicable, delete friendlyerror.com now.
How did I get infected with friendlyerror.com?
Many users get infected with PUPs and malware because of their careless behavior. You see, browser hijackers, adware, and various other infections are travelling across the Internet in free software bundles. If you have downloaded shareware and freeware recently, you can be sure that, in this way, you gave the hijacker the access to you PC. When you install freeware, be sure to pay attention to the Terms and Agreements. Also, read every step of the process in order to spot the applications that are ready to be installed on your computer. If you do this and also uninstall friendlyerror.com, you can be sure to have a cleaner PC.
How to remove friendlyerror.com from my PC?
If you choose to terminate FriendlyError manually, be sure to scan the PC with a legitimate anti-spyware program afterwards. In any case, automatic friendlyerror.com removal should be the best option for you and your computer – all the infections will be detected and deleted by the spyware removal tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Friendlyerror.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Friendlyerror.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Friendlyerror.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Friendlyerror.com and related programs.
Remove Friendlyerror.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Friendlyerror.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Friendlyerror.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Friendlyerror.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Friendlyerror.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Friendlyerror.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Friendlyerror.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Friendlyerror.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Friendlyerror.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Friendlyerror.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.