Funtvtabplussearch.com Removal Tips
Funtvtabplussearch.com is a product of Imali Media. It is similar to other potentially unwanted apps that belong to this company. Although it may be promoted as a useful program, its main purpose is to earn revenue for Imali.
The hijacker changes your browser settings without your notice and causes other disturbances. It affects all web browsers that you have got installed, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms. If you wish to return to your previous settings, you will have to delete Funtvtabplussearch.com from your browsers.
How does Funtvtabplussearch.com work?
The extension spreads online with the help of free third party software. It gets attached to freeware and shareware and is shown to you in the wizard as an additional offer. If you do not pay attention to the installation process, you agree to the optional offers unwittingly (there could be more than one). It would be best to decline them as they are not beneficial to you as a computer user. The potentially unwanted programs are aimed at monetizing free services and usually have little to no useful functionality. Make sure you avoid them the next time you install freeware.
Once inside, the extension replaces your home page, new tab, and default search with Funtvtabplussearch.com. This site shows you links to various domains related to media. It may also contain adverts and show you sponsored links in the search results, should you make use of the search box presented on it. You should know that the hijacker will insert advertising content in other sites that you visit as well. This content cannot be trusted as it is not checked by anyone. You could be exposed to virtual scams aimed at extorting money from you, infecting your PC with malware, and so on. If you wish to prevent such troubles, you should terminate Funtvtabplussearch.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Funtvtabplussearch.com?
In order uninstall Funtvtabplussearch.com from your browsers for good, you will have to uninstall its related program as well. Although you can do that manually, we suggest that you go with automatic Funtvtabplussearch.com removal and here is why. The anti-malware tool, which you can acquire on our site, will scan your PC and detect all threats, not just the hijacker. It will then remove Funtvtabplussearch.com, its related app, and other unwanted components from your system. The security utility will also provide your PC with online protection as long as it stays installed. If, however, you decide that you wish to delete Funtvtabplussearch.com manually after all, you are welcome to follow the instructions we have prepared below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Funtvtabplussearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Funtvtabplussearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Funtvtabplussearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Funtvtabplussearch.com and related programs.
Remove Funtvtabplussearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Funtvtabplussearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Funtvtabplussearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Funtvtabplussearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Funtvtabplussearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Funtvtabplussearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Funtvtabplussearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Funtvtabplussearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Funtvtabplussearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Funtvtabplussearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.