What is GifsGalore Toolbar?
GifsGalore Toolbar is a free application that usually arrives on users’ computers bundled with free software. Despite the fact that it looks quite trustworthy, you should better delete GifsGalore Toolbar from your computer right after you detect it because it is known to be an untrustworthy program. Speaking specifically, it is a potentially unwanted application that might perform activities you will definitely not like on your computer. What users usually do not like about GifsGalore Toolbar the most is that it changes browsers’ settings. If you install it too, you will discover a new page set as your homepage and New Tab in no time. This page reminds of a trustworthy search provider, but it is not, so our only piece of advice for you would be to implement the GifsGalore Toolbar removal right away to eliminate this page from the screen.
How does GifsGalore Toolbar work?
GifsGalore Toolbar looks like a useful tool for creating gifs and memes, but users sooner or later realize that it is not a very beneficial program because setting a new page on users’ browsers is the only thing it does. Yes, we have to admit that this page contains useful easy-access buttons, but this still does not make this program trustworthy because it applies changes without permission. If you enter the search query in the GifsGalore Toolbar search box, you will also be presented with advertisements, which is a sign that it is not a trustworthy search tool. These advertisements might redirect you to pages containing untrustworthy applications, so you should be very careful if you still decide to continue using the search tool promoted by GifsGalore Toolbar. If you decide not to uninstall GifsGalore Toolbar, you should also know that it will collect information about you every second. We believe the information it gains access to might be shared with third parties, so if we were you, we would not let it collect any details.
Why do I have GifsGalore Toolbar installed on my computer?
The official website of GifsGalore Toolbar exists, so we sure that some users install it voluntarily on their computers. Of course, not all of them are directly responsible for its appearance. Some of them install it on their PCs without their knowledge. Such suspicious applications like GifsGalore Toolbar often travel in software bundles, so you could have installed such a bundle too from the web. No matter how it has entered the system, delete GifsGalore Toolbar as soon as possible.
How can I remove GifsGalore Toolbar?
You should go to remove GifsGalore Toolbar today – it is not a trustworthy application. There are two different ways to make it gone from the system completely. You can either implement the automatic GifsGalore Toolbar removal or erase it with your own hands. The latter, i.e., the manual method will not be easy if you are not an advanced user, so do not even waste your time on it and, instead, go to install the scanner for the automatic removal of this potentially unwanted program.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GifsGalore ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GifsGalore Toolbar. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like GifsGalore Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall GifsGalore Toolbar and related programs.
Remove GifsGalore Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GifsGalore Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GifsGalore Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GifsGalore Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GifsGalore Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GifsGalore Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GifsGalore Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GifsGalore Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GifsGalore Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GifsGalore Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.