Go-Search.ru Removal Guide
Go-Search.ru is classified as a browser hijacker that will change the settings of your Internet browser without your permission. The hijacker should be a useful search tool that gives the opportunity for the computer users to see advanced search results. However, as harmless it may seem, you have to remove Go-Search.ru from your PCs system because that is the only way how you can ensure your computer’s security.
All of your favorite web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox) will have different homepages, default search engines, and new tab URLs. You will be forced to see advertised websites instead of your preferred ones. You can only revert these modifications by keeping up to eliminate Go-Search.ru. Having Go-Search.ru may be quite irritating; this is especially because you will be constantly visiting go-search.ru page.
There are some other browser hijackers that you might already know, which act in almost the same way: myonesearch.net, genieo.com, looksafesearch.com, and linkeyproject.com. All of them work behind your back and continuously show irritating ads. The commercial material is never trustworthy because it may lead you to malicious pages. We have to remind you that one click on such a website is enough for your computer to contract malware. More than that, your browsing habits may be followed and later shared with third parties (who may use it against you). All of these advertisements are completely worthless for you and will only make your Internet surfing experience worse. Therefore, you should delete Go-Search.ru with no hesitation because the longer the program stays in your PC, the higher is the chance that it will attract other infections.
How did Go-Search.ru get into my computer’s system?
If you have recently installed free of charge software from a questionable website, you have probably got additional programs in your computer as well. It is easier than you think to download unwanted programs to your computer. For instance, you may simply not pay close attention to the Installation Wizard. Even if you skip only a couple of steps, this might be enough for malicious software to reach your computer. You should also always choose Advanced or Custom installation method because the undesirable applications usually hide under Recommended option. There will be just a couple of check boxes that you have to deselect in order to make sure that no unwanted toolbar will get to your computer. If you have already found that there is some new questionable tool in your PC, you definitely need to uninstall Go-Search.ru and all the unwanted programs. This may be actually difficult, if you terminate each program manually; however, malware removal tool can easily do all the work for you.
How to remove Go-Search.ru from my PC?
Go-Search.ru gets into your computer by using unfair methods; any program that acts in a similar way deserves elimination. Therefore, our research team highly recommends to take care of Go-Search.ru removal as quickly as possible.
There are a couple of ways how you can do that: you can either delete Go-Search.ru manually or automatically. If you want to terminate Go-Search.ru manually, you may use our manual removal guide bellow. You should follow every step carefully because if you fail to do that, Go-Search.ru will not be eliminated from your computer’s system. The best way is to download a reputable antimalware tool that will also protect your PC in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Go-Search.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Go-Search.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Go-Search.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Go-Search.ru and related programs.
Remove Go-Search.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Go-Search.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Go-Search.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Go-Search.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Go-Search.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Go-Search.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Go-Search.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Go-Search.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Go-Search.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Go-Search.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.