Hohosearch.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Hohosearch.com)
Hohosearch.com belongs to the same group of browser hijackers as Reeturn.com, SearchSuggests.com, Goodasfound.com, Topfindings.net, Resultforquery.com, and some others. The hijacker alters your browser settings as soon as it enters your system.
It changes your home page and default search provider without your approval. It also causes other disruptions like flooding you with unreliable advertisements, rerouting you to random sites, slowing down your Internet browsing speed, and more. The hijacker’s main purpose is to boost online traffic, which is why it causes some of these issues. There is nothing beneficial about it for computer users, so we advise that you delete Hohosearch.com without further delay.
The browser hijacker affects all popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. It changes their settings by replacing your preferred home page and default search engine with Hohosearch.com. This site presents you with a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos, and News. It also contains links to License, Privacy, About, and Uninstall. If you enter a term into the search box, you will be rerouted to Google.com. These results may contain sponsored links added by the hijacker.
In addition to the browser settings modifications, Hohosearch.com will also insert adverts into your browsers. Pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, coupons, and other commercial data will appear no matter where you go online. You will also get redirected to various websites that sponsor the hijacker. You should keep in mind that the hijacker does not hold any responsibility for the advertising content that it shows you. It may be unreliable and clicking on it could lead to such unwanted consequences as malware infections, financial losses, and so on. If you want to eliminate the unsafe ads from your browsers. you will have to terminate Hohosearch.com.
How to remove Hohosearch.com?
There are other reasons to erase Hohosearch.com. It tracks your cookies and slows down your online browsing and computer speed. There is no reason to hesitate with its removal. You can delete Hohosearch.com manually or automatically. In order to complete the manual removal option, you will have to uninstall the application with which the browser hijacker entered your system and modify your browser settings. These tasks are described in detail in the manual Hohosearch.com removal guide presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you choose to remove Hohosearch.com automatically, you will need to implement an anti-malware utility. You can download the security tool from our page. It will perform a full system scan and detect all potential issues. It will delete not only Hohosearch.com, but other unwanted files and programs as well. More than that, the malware remover will also keep your PC safeguarded in the future by shielding it from various Internet-based parasites at all times.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hohosearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hohosearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hohosearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hohosearch.com and related programs.
Remove Hohosearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hohosearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hohosearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hohosearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hohosearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hohosearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hohosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hohosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hohosearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hohosearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- hohosearch uninstall
- remove hohosearch manually in xp
- how to remove hohoserach
- how to remove hohoserach toolbar without using malware application
- how to remove www hohosearch com/
- Kaspersky hoho search
- montagebox virus
- remove hohoserach
- remove hohoserach virus
- bitdefender hohosearch
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.