HotLaps virus Removal Tips (Uninstall HotLaps virus)
HotLaps virus is a term used to refer to an advertising-supported application. The good news is it is not an actual virus, so it will not damage your system. It will, however, expose you to unreliable web content, which may lead you to corrupted sites and malware infections.
That is why you should be especially careful with the ads that are labeled “Powered by HotLaps”, “Ads by HotLaps”, and similar. If you do not wish to risk your online safety, you should avoid all commercial data until you remove HotLaps virus altogether.
How does HotLaps virus work?
HotLaps spreads online in free software bundles. It gets access to your system, if you do not pay attention to the installation process and agree to all additional offers presented to you. The adware is compatible with all major web browsers, so once it gets installed, it is impossible to avoid its symptoms. You can keep ad-supported and potentially unwanted apps away from your PC by choosing the Advanced or Custom mode when installing free software and declining all optional offers that you see. We advise that you follow these tips the next time you deal with free third party software, otherwise HotLaps will not be the last unwanted application that you install onto your computer.
The main symptom of the program is that it floods you with ads. This makes perfect sense as its main purpose is to boost web traffic and thus make money for its developers. Each time that you click on one of the adverts brought to you by the application, its creators earn revenue. Unfortunately, you do not benefit from it in any way. On the contrary, by clicking on the adverts you risk landing on a fake site and infecting your computer with malware or falling for some other scam. Moreover, the adware slows down your browsing and your system speed. You should terminate HotLaps virus without hesitation.
How to remove HotLaps virus?
HotLaps virus removal can be completed manually or automatically. If you want to make sure that there are no other unwanted apps in your system, we suggest that you go with the second option. In order to delete HotLaps virus automatically, you will need a malware removal tool. You can download the utility from our site. It will scan your PC, detect, and delete all issues. In addition to HotLaps virus removal, the anti-malware will also protect your computer from other online parasites. Alternatively, you can delete HotLaps virus manually by eliminating it from your computer and your browser extensions. Instructions below can help you with these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove HotLaps virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall HotLaps virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like HotLaps virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall HotLaps virus and related programs.
Remove HotLaps virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HotLaps virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HotLaps virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HotLaps virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HotLaps virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HotLaps virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HotLaps virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HotLaps virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HotLaps virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HotLaps virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.