What is Hotweb360.com?
Hotweb360.com is a browser hijacker that will make changes to your browser without your permission. Browser hijackers are not malicious and are not considered to be high-risk infections. Rather, they are tools that website owners can use to make pay-per-click revenue. What they will do is change your browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages so that they can generate traffic for those sites. Since they are not malware, they need your permission to install onto the computer. Most users install hijackers like Hotweb360.com unknowingly as they are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside it. While not necessarily the case with Hotweb360.com, some browser hijacker can lead users to infected websites where malware could be obtained. We recommend that you delete Hotweb360.com from your system as soon as possible.
How is Hotweb360.com distributed?
These kinds of unwanted items spread via free software bundles. Hotweb360.com was attached to free software, and when you installed that software, you installed the hijacker as well. You must have chosen Default settings because those settings do not inform you of bundled items and do not allow you to deselect anything. So if you opt for Default, you’ll end up having to remove Hotweb360.com or similar. What you should do instead is, select Advanced (Custom) settings. In Advanced, you will be able to deselect anything that has been added and will not have to worry about Hotweb360.com removal.
Why uninstall Hotweb360.com?
Hotweb360.com will take over your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, and make changes. You will not be asked to consent to any of the modifications and will just find Hotweb360.com as your homepage. You will also no be able to undo the setting changes unless you first remove Hotweb360.com. Hotweb360.com does not look suspicious at first glance and might remind a lot of users of the typical New Tan page with a search engine and links to popular web pages, like Google, Facebook, YouTube and Wikipedia. We do not suggest you the provided search engine even if it generates results via Google. Browser hijacker have no place on your computer and will only disrupt your browsing sessions. They come into your computer sneakily and make changes you did not agree to. You should not trust such applications to be trustworthy. Uninstall Hotweb360.com.
You can delete Hotweb360.com in two ways. A reliable removal tool can be used to fully and quickly erase Hotweb360.com. Just obtain such a program and scan your computer. You can also eliminate Hotweb360.com manually but that requires more time as you will have to locate Hotweb360.com yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hotweb360.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hotweb360.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hotweb360.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hotweb360.com and related programs.
Remove Hotweb360.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hotweb360.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hotweb360.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hotweb360.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hotweb360.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hotweb360.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hotweb360.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hotweb360.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hotweb360.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hotweb360.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.