Istartpage123.com Removal Tips
Istartpage123.com is a browser hijacker that can enter your system using various tricks including free software bundles. It infiltrates your web browsers and modifies their settings without your permission. The hijacker is aimed at promoting its sponsor sites and generating online traffic.
It is not beneficial for computer users. In fact, all it does is disrupt your online surfing by exposing you to unnecessary ads and redirecting you to unfamiliar websites. If you want to go back to safe and swift Internet browsing, you will have to terminate Istartpage123.com.
How does Istartpage123.com work?
Istartpage123.com works in a similar manner to other browser hijackers. It alters your home page and default search provider as soon as it gets installed. These settings cannot be restored manually. The page that now appears on your screen every time you go online does not differ from other search sites, however, we advise against interacting with it in any way. The same goes for your new search engine as it may provide you with unreliable search results. As it has been mentioned above, the hijacker will also reroute you to unfamiliar sites and show you advertisements no matter where you go online. Not all of the commercial data promoted by the program can be trusted. If you do not want to keep guessing which ads are safe and which are not, you should delete Istartpage123.com.
Another important aspect of the hijacker is that it tracks your cookies. Such information as what sites you visit, what you search for, what ads you click on, and so on is collected for advertising purposes. This data can be sold to third parties or used to create personalized commercials. Do not trust any ads no matter how relevant they seem to be at first. If you do not want to continue sharing your details, you need to delete Istartpage123.com from your browsers.
How to remove Istartpage123.com?
There are two ways you can remove Istartpage123.com: manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to terminate the hijacker’s related application. Once you do that, you will be able to restore your browser settings. If you need more detailed instructions, you can use the ones that are presented below the article. Alternative solution is to uninstall Istartpage123.com automatically. This can be done by implementing a malware removal tool. If you download the anti-malware utility from our page and scan your system, you will detect all of its potential issues. You will then be able to use the security software to eliminate Istartpage123.com and other unwanted programs. In addition to Istartpage123.com removal, you will provide your computer with reliable online protection as the utility also functions as a malware prevention tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Istartpage123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Istartpage123.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Istartpage123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Istartpage123.com and related programs.
Remove Istartpage123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Istartpage123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Istartpage123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Istartpage123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Istartpage123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Istartpage123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Istartpage123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Istartpage123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Istartpage123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Istartpage123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.