About Kostya Ransomware
Kostya Ransomware is a ransomware type of virus that seems to target users living Czech Republic. This ransomware seems to spread via spam emails, which presumably would be written in Czech. When it downloads onto a computer, it encrypts files and then shows a ransom note. The hackers want victims to buy a decryption key if they want to restore the files.
Currently, they are asking 300CZK ($12), which is a very small sum of money compared to what most ransomware asks for. The thing about paying is that it very rarely leads to file decryption. In most cases, hackers just take your money and give nothing in return. Even if Kostya Ransomware ask for such a small amount of money, by paying you will basically be supporting their future projects. If you have backup, you must remove Kostya Ransomware and only then restore the files. If you try to retrieve your files before you delete Kostya Ransomware, you could lose them as well.
How does Kostya Virus spread?
Kostya Ransomware seems to mainly spread via spam emails. You might get a strange email with an attachment, the sender asking you to open the attachment for whatever reason. Because this ransomware targets people in Czech Republic, it would be logical if the email would be in Czech. In general, we suggest you never open spam email attachments as they could have serious malware in them. If you do open spam emails, always double check the contents and the sender. You could try using a reliable search engine to see if anyone else has gotten a similar email and got ransomware. It’s better to take the time to make sure you are safe than potentially lose important data.
What does Kostya Virus do?
When it downloads onto your computer, it will use the AES-256 encryption algorithm to encrypts files with .avi, .pptx, .pdf, .jpg and other extensions. There are reports that it only targets the C: drive, which means if most of your data is stored in D: drive, you should be all right. But you must delete Kostya Ransomware immediately. When the encryption is complete, the victim will find a message with information about what has happened. The hackers explain that they have encrypted your files and that you need to pay. They are asking for 300CZK but if payment is not made, the price will become 2000CZK ($80). We don’t recommend you pay at all. Yes, it’s not a big amount of money but you’re better off spending it somewhere else. Do not forget you must remove Kostya Ransomware as soon as possible.
Kostya Ransomware removal
In order to erase Kostya Ransomware, you will need the help of anti-malware software. Manual Kostya Ransomware removal can cause more damage than good, therefore, we do not recommend it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Kostya VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Kostya Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Kostya Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Kostya Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Kostya Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Kostya Virus
Remove Kostya Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Kostya Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Kostya Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Kostya Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.