What is LinkSwift?
LinkSwift is an application that promises to enable users to search the web with ease, but, unfortunately, these are only lies because this program has been created to serve advertisements for users only. Because of all these commercials it shows for users, it is classified as an advertising-supported application (adware). Keeping it installed not only means that your browsing session might be distorted, but also that you might be exposed to a bunch of malicious applications hiding on bad websites. As you can see, you might get into trouble if you do not go to remove LinkSwift from your computer soon. You will find more information about this untrustworthy program in this article. It should help you to make a proper decision, i.e. whether or not to keep it.
What does LinkSwift do?
Instead of helping you to search the web more efficiently, LinkSwift will ruin your browsing session by showing commercial advertisements. You will see pop-ups, banners, in-text advertisements, and all kinds of other commercials. In most cases, users see them on decent websites, e.g. eBay and Amazon, but LinkSwift is capable of opening new browsers’ tabs with advertisements too. Also, you might notice them popping-up on your screen when you do not surf the web. If you see these ads, we have one request – do not click on them if you do not want to end up on a website full of malicious software. Go to delete LinkSwift from your computer instead. You need to uninstall LinkSwift from your computer to protect your privacy too because this adware program itself gathers information about users and these third-party websites promoted by advertisements shown by LinkSwift might act the same. Some of them are only interested in non-personally identifiable information only, but others might record personal details too. This is really dangerous!
How did LinkSwift enter my computer?
It seems that the official website of LinkSwift exists, but the Download button is not working there and it is impossible to download this application. Therefore, it is very likely that the main distribution method of LinkSwift is bundling. In other words, this program travels together with free applications that users often get from third-party websites. A bunch of untrustworthy applications might sneak onto the computer using the same method too, so carefully install free applications, especially if you do not know whether websites you get them from are reputable.
How can I delete LinkSwift?
It should be possible to implement the LinkSwift removal by erasing it through Control Panel; however, if its uninstaller can nowhere to be seen, you should choose the automatic method over the manual one. To delete LinkSwift automatically, you just need to have a reputable security application. It would be better to purchase a good tool rather than download an application from the web. You should especially not trust tools promoted on P2P websites because they might install malicious software alongside instead of implementing the LinkSwift removal for you. It is advisable to use an automatic tool also if you suspect that there are other untrustworthy programs installed on your computer – they will all be deleted by an automatic scanner.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove LinkSwiftUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall LinkSwift. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like LinkSwift and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall LinkSwift and related programs.
Remove LinkSwift from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall LinkSwift from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete LinkSwift from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove LinkSwift from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for LinkSwift or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete LinkSwift from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase LinkSwift from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove LinkSwift from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall LinkSwift from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable LinkSwift and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.