About .LOL! Locker Virus
.LOL! Locker Virus is a new ransomware type of virus that takes your files hostage and then asks for money. Reportedly, .LOL! Locker Virus is the new version of PGPCoder virus. Much like other ransomware, .LOL! Locker Virus uses asymmetric cryptography to encrypt your files. When the encryption process is complete, victims will find a ransom note with instructions on how to restore the files. Currently, it’s not known how much money the hackers ask for but whatever the amount, we don’t recommend paying. They are not obligated to send you the decryption key and most likely will not. So don’t waste your money. What you should do instead is remove .LOL! Locker Virus from your computer.
How does .LOL! Locker Virus spread
Most ransomware uses spam email to spread their maliciousness. .LOL! Locker Virus spreads the same way. Ransomware developers add an infected file to an official looking email and when users open that file, they end up with ransomware. The email might look legit with all the necessary characteristics of an official email but if it ended up in the spam folder, there’s a reason for that. If you have the habit of opening spam emails, make sure they are safe to open. Always double check the sender and the email contents for suspicious things. By being careful you can avoid losing your files and having to delete .LOL! Locker Virus or other ransomware from your computer.
How does .LOL! Locker Virus behave
Once it infects your computer, it uses asymmetric cryptography to encrypt your files. When the process is complete, victims will find a text file that acts as the ransom note. The contents of the note are rather peculiar. It’s divided into two sections, JOKE and SERIOUSLY. In the JOKE section, the hackers mock the victim by saying that they “have missed a lesson about safety” and even link to websites about cyber safety. They also encourage victims to pay. The SERIOUSLY section explains what has happened and informs the victim that only their decoder can restore the files. They also note that they are “not scammers”, which really does not prove anythings. It is not known how much money they want for the decryption key but even if it’s a small amount, don’t pay. Even though the hackers claim not to be scammers, they are not obligated to send you the decryption key after payment has been made. Ignore their demands and remove .LOL! Locker Virus without mercy.
.LOL! Locker Virus removal
Only anti-malware software can safely delete .LOL! Locker Virus from your computer. Manual .LOL! Locker Virus removal can be damaging to your computer. Instructions on how to erase .LOL! Locker Virus will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove .LOL! Locker VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall .LOL! Locker Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .LOL! Locker Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete .LOL! Locker Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .LOL! Locker Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .LOL! Locker Virus
Remove .LOL! Locker Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .LOL! Locker Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .LOL! Locker Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .LOL! Locker Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
- slimcleaner plus virus
- Cara menghapus junk virus di leptop
- How to Uninstall Charity Engine
- Mentraul Cycle
- reciclando lockers
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.