What is Marine Aquarium Lite?
Marine Aquarium Lite is a browser extension that allows you to change your homepage background into a custom made aquarium. Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Marine Aquarium Lite is also considered to be a browser hijackers and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). First of all, it is not malicious, nor is it a virus. It will make some changes to your browser and attempt to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites. You might have obtained it yourself via the official website or it could have entered through software bundles. It may be attached to free software and if you do not notice it during installation, it will install along with the software. Allowing this extension to remain on your computer could bring about all sorts of issues, so we would advise you to remove Marine Aquarium Lite.
Why should you delete Marine Aquarium Lite?
Mindspark toolbars and extensions are available for download at their respective web pages. But they may also be distributed through software bundles. Marine Aquarium Lite could have been attached to free software and you unknowingly allowed it to install. This happened because you used Default settings. The bundled items are hidden in Advanced or Custom settings so unless you chose those, you will end up installing Marine Aquarium Lite along with the freeware. Do not rush through the installation in Default settings. If you do, you will have no one to blame if you end up with PUPs. Had you used Advanced, you would not need to worry about how to uninstall Marine Aquarium Lite.
Marine Aquarium Lite can work on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It will allow you to create an aquarium and set it as your homepage background. You will also notice that it has changed your search engine. You will be encouraged to use hp.myway.com, which is supposedly enhanced by Google. This essentially means that if you use it, your search results will be filled with sponsored content. It also seems that you may not be able to undo the changes unless you first remove Marine Aquarium Lite. We do not suggest using the search engine as it you can never know on what kinds of websites you will end up. After all, this extension aims to generate traffic for certain websites and you are led to those pages because of that. Sometimes, browser hijackers are able to redirect users to potentially dangerous websites, where they could obtain a virus. We cannot force you to delete Marine Aquarium Lite, but we highly advise you to do so.
Marine Aquarium Lite removal
If you choose to erase Marine Aquarium Lite, you can do so in two ways. Automatic Marine Aquarium Lite removal requires you to obtain a professional removal tool, which would uninstall Marine Aquarium Lite for you. You can, however, eliminate Marine Aquarium Lite manually but that will take more time as you will have to locate Marine Aquarium Lite yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Marine Aquarium LiteUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Marine Aquarium Lite. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Marine Aquarium Lite and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Marine Aquarium Lite and related programs.
Remove Marine Aquarium Lite from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Marine Aquarium Lite from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Marine Aquarium Lite from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Marine Aquarium Lite from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Marine Aquarium Lite or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Marine Aquarium Lite from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Marine Aquarium Lite from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Marine Aquarium Lite from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Marine Aquarium Lite from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Marine Aquarium Lite and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.