MASetupCleaner.exe Removal Tips (Uninstall MASetupCleaner.exe)
MASetupCleaner.exe is a process file that belongs to a legitimate application called Samsung Kies. This program allows you to connect your Android device to different systems. If you have downloaded Samsung Kies from its official website and you see MASetupCleaner.exe process in your Windows Task Manager, you have nothing to be worried about.
However, certain problems may arise if the application has been downloaded from a third party website or if you do not have Samsung Kies in your system at all. In both of these cases, you will have to delete MASetupCleaner.exe from your PC.
How does MASetupCleaner.exe work?
MASetupCleaner.exe is used to connect to the Internet on a regular basis. If you use Windows Firewall, you will be notified of this activity. The executable file is usually stored in C:WindowsSysWOW64MASetupCleaner.exe or C:WindowsSystem32MASetupCleaner.exe. There is no reason to be suspicious of the process, because it is not likely to cause any harm to your PC as it is a part of a legitimate application. If, however, you decide that you no longer need Samsung Kies, you can terminate it and thus get rid of MASetupCleaner.exe.
We urge you to keep in mind that all applications should be downloaded from their official webpages. If that is not where you acquired Samsung Kies and instead it came in a bundle, it is very likely that you have other potentially unwanted or ad-supported software on your computer. These applications cannot damage your PC on their own, but they can disrupt your browsing and expose you to unreliable commercial data.
Moreover, it is also possible that a malicious file is using the name of the legitimate process in order to stay hidden in your system for as long as possible. If you cannot locate Samsung Kies on your computer at all, but you have noticed the suspicious process, you should terminate MASetupCleaner.exe and its related malware without hesitation.
How to remove MASetupCleaner.exe?
If you want to remove MASetupCleaner.exe from your computer, you can do so by uninstalling Samsung Kies. In case you have downloaded the application from a third party source, you should also scan your system with a malware scanner. You are welcome to use the one presented on our page. If it detects any potentially unwanted or ad-supported programs, you can delete them manually or automatically. If, however, it detect malicious files and programs, you will have to implement the anti-malware tool and use it to eliminate MASetupCleaner.exe along with other threats. The utility will not only delete MASetupCleaner.exe, but it will also safeguard your computer from other online infections as long as you keep it installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MASetupCleaner.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MASetupCleaner.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MASetupCleaner.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall MASetupCleaner.exe and related programs.
Remove MASetupCleaner.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MASetupCleaner.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MASetupCleaner.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MASetupCleaner.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MASetupCleaner.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MASetupCleaner.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MASetupCleaner.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MASetupCleaner.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MASetupCleaner.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MASetupCleaner.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.