What is Megabackup?
Megabackup is promoted as a tool that can help you keep your files protected at all times. It is advertised on its official page as an unlimited cloud backup, which you can use to store all of your files and access them from anywhere. It is also supposed to provide you with Folder Sync and Screenshot Editor features. The app works on Windows and Mac systems, however, it is not free. You can purchase it on its official site, megabackup.com. Unfortunately, the program also gets distributed using free software bundles. This distribution method is not exactly trustworthy. If you never wanted to install the app, we advise that you delete Megabackup from your computer.
How does Megabackup work?
Although Megabackup may have useful features, the way that it is advertised and distributed is not completely straightforward. For one, the application uses freeware and shareware bundles in order to enter your system. Free software often comes with additional offers that are rarely beneficial to users. These offers consist of potentially unwanted applications that are often aimed at boosting online traffic or serving a different purpose that has nothing to do with improving the user’s experience. That is why we recommend that you always be careful when installing free software and make sure that you decline all optional offers shown to you no matter how they are presented.
Once installed, Megabackup will generate various alerts and notifications claiming that you have “unprotected” files. This is somewhat misleading, because in this case “unprotected” simply means that they are not backed up. The warning messages will try to convince you that your data is at risk, which is simply not true. Another symptom of the unwanted program is that it can insert adverts into your visited sites. You may encounter pop-ups, in-text ads, banners, hyperlinks, and so on. If you want to eliminate these disruptions, you will have to get rid of Megabackup.
How to remove Megabackup?
Luckily, Megabackup removal should not be all that complicated. You can uninstall the program manually. You may also need to delete its extension from your browsers. Instructions presented below the article can help you with that. Alternative solution is to terminate Megabackup automatically. To do that, you will have to download and install a reliable anti-malware utility. You can acquire one from our page. It will scan your PC and detect all potential issues. You will then be able to not only eliminate Megabackup, but also erase other threats. In addition to Megabackup removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays protected in the future, so you do not have to deal with Internet-based infections again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MegabackupUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Megabackup. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Megabackup and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Megabackup and related programs.
Remove Megabackup from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Megabackup from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Megabackup from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Megabackup from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Megabackup or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Megabackup from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Megabackup from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Megabackup from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Megabackup from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Megabackup and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- what is megabackup
- what is megabackup?
- how to delete megabackup
- megabackup virus
- remove megabackup
- delete MegaBackup
- what is mega backup
- uninstall megabackup
- how to get rid of megabackup
- how to close megabackup
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.