About this ransomware
MoonCryptor virus is a file-encrypting type of malware, more commonly known as ransomware. The ransomware is also known as InfinityShadow and The_Last, so you might encounter those names as well. Once it manages to enter your computer, it will start encrypting your files without you even noticing. Once the encryption process is complete, you will see a ransom note which will ask you to pay a certain amount of money for file decryption.
Paying seems like the right option but do not forget that you are dealing with cyber crooks who will not care whether you get your files back. Your money might be taken and you might get nothing in return. If you have backup, there is no need to worry too much as you can just delete MoonCryptor virus and then recover your files from there. In any case, instead of complying with the demands, you should just remove MoonCryptor virus.
How does ransomware spread?
You most likely got the infection by opening a malicious email attachment. Usually, these malicious emails get blocked by major email providers but some might be able to slip past. They are usually pretty obvious and someone who has been informed about ransomware can differentiate them. They will not use your name and will strongly encourage you to open the attachment. They might even state it’s some sort of invoice or an order confirmation. Users are more likely to open attachments without thinking when it’s about money. When you click on the attachment, it downloads and when you open it, it would launch the encryption process. Be very careful about what attachments you open and learn the signs of a malicious email.
What does the ransomware do?
It will encrypt your files without you even noticing and once the process is complete, you will be unable to open your files. A ransom note will then be dropped and it will inform you about what has happened. It will say that your files have been encrypted and that you need to pay to get them back. They also offer to decrypt two files for free to prove to you that they can do that. You are asked to pay $260 for file decryption and while that might not seem like a lot of money compared to other ransomware, it’s still not recommended that you pay as you will most likely not going to get your files back. Cyber criminals don’t care about your files, they just want your money. They will not feel obligated to do anything so paying should be out of the question. You would benefit more if you invested that money into reliable backup. Do not comply with the demands, and delete MoonCryptor virus.
MoonCryptor virus removal
The only way you can remove MoonCryptor virus safely and fully is by using anti-malware software. Do not attempt manual MoonCryptor virus removal because you could end up damaging your computer. Instead, allow a security program to take care of everything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MoonCryptor virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MoonCryptor virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MoonCryptor virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete MoonCryptor virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove MoonCryptor virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove MoonCryptor virus
Remove MoonCryptor virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete MoonCryptor virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete MoonCryptor virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete MoonCryptor virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.