About Moonly Search virus
Moonly Search virus is a browser hijacker, also known as a redirect virus. It can sneakily infect your computer via free software and once it’s there, it will change your browser’s settings. You will then get redirected to sponsored websites and experience various interruptions while browsing. Fortunately, Moonly Search virus is not a malicious virus and will not harm your computer by itself. But it should still not remain on your computer. For one, you will not be able to browse peacefully. Also, those redirects might lead you to dangerous domains where you could download a serious virus. If you want to safely browse the Internet, make sure to delete Moonly Search virus.
How does Moonly Search virus spread?
These kinds of potentially unwanted applications are bundled together with freeware. This is a perfectly legal distribution method as long as the added item is not a virus. When you install freeware, you probably use Default settings, and that is how you end up installing Moonly Search virus. Those settings do not give you the option of seeing attached items, and if they go unnoticed by you, they install automatically. The only way to see if something is attached to freeware is if you use Advanced (Custom) settings. Those settings also allow you to prevent the installation of added items as well. If you want to avoid installing something you don’t want, opt for Advanced settings. And if this redirect virus managed to sneak into your computer, remove Moonly Search virus.
Why must I uninstall Moonly Search virus?
When it infects your computer, it will hijack your browser and alter its’ settings. When you open your preferred browser, be it Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari, you will notice that your home page, new tabs and search engine have been changed to mooonly.com. Browser hijackers also prevent you from changing the settings back, so the only way is to remove Moonly Search virus. The search engine will give you sponsored results, which would lead to unrelated websites. Those redirects are not only annoying but can also bring about trouble. If you were to get redirected to a dangerous website, you could end up with malware on your computer. Moonly Search virus exists to redirect you to sponsored websites, therefore, it’s of no use to you. If you want to avoid trouble, make sure you uninstall Moonly Search virus.
Moonly Search virus removal
You can delete Moonly Search virus by hand but it could be tricky as users sometimes struggle to find what they need to delete. Therefore, we suggest you employ anti-malware software to take care of Moonly Search virus removal.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Moonly Search virusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Moonly Search virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Moonly Search virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Moonly Search virus and related programs.
Remove Moonly Search virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Moonly Search virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Moonly Search virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Moonly Search virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Moonly Search virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Moonly Search virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Moonly Search virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Moonly Search virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Moonly Search virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Moonly Search virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.