Mys.yoursearch.me Removal Guide
Mys.yoursearch.me is a browser hijacker that spreads via freeware and shareware bundles and usually enters your computer together with a potentially unwanted application. The page may look like a regular search service, but it is not actually reliable.
Once the hijacker takes over your browsers, it modifies their settings and adds an extension to them. The FVD Speed Dial extension changes your new tab page, tracks your cookies and floods you with commercial data. It also causes redirects to unfamiliar sites that sponsor the hijacker. The hijacker’s main purpose is to make profit by generating web traffic. It is not a useful tool. We recommend that you delete Mys.yoursearch.me as soon as you can.
How does Mys.yoursearch.me work?
Mys.yoursearch.me gets set as your home page and default search provider right after the hijacker gets installed. The home page contains nothing but a search box. The search provider shows you results that include sponsored ads and links. You may also see sponsored content on other sites that you visit. It may appear in the form of pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, and so on. You click on these adverts at your own risk, because they are not endorsed by the hijacker. If you end up on a corrupted page containing some kind of a virtual scam, you will not be able to blame anyone but yourself. That is why we suggest that you stay away from all commercials until you delete Mys.yoursearch.me.
As it has been stated above, the hijacker travels in free software bundles. This means that it gets installed together with freeware that you download from pages like soft32.com, filewin.com, cnet.com, softonic.com, and similar. During the installation process, you are presented with additional offers of browser hijackers or ad-supported programs. If you do not decline these offers, you automatically agree to adding them to your PC. If you want to avoid similar situations in the future, always pay attention to every step of the installation wizard and deselect all applications that are unfamiliar to you.
How to remove Mys.yoursearch.me?
You can terminate Mys.yoursearch.me manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to erase Mys.yoursearch.me related software and to restore your web browser settings. If you are not sure how to do that, you can follow the instructions we have prepared below this article. Alternative solution is to uninstall Mys.yoursearch.me from your browsers automatically. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and install it. The utility will perform a system scan and detect all potential issues. It will then remove Mys.yoursearch.me along with other threats. The security software will also stay helpful in the future by providing you with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mys.yoursearch.meUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mys.yoursearch.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mys.yoursearch.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mys.yoursearch.me and related programs.
Remove Mys.yoursearch.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mys.yoursearch.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mys.yoursearch.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mys.yoursearch.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mys.yoursearch.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mys.yoursearch.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mys.yoursearch.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mys.yoursearch.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mys.yoursearch.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mys.yoursearch.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.