What is Nyan Cat Screenlocker?
Nyan Cat Screenlocker is a screen locking malware that uses the iconic Nyan Cat. If you had heard or encountered ransomware at some point in your life, this screen locker might cause alarm bells to ring in your head and you might think that your files have been encrypted. However, that is not the case. This virus has merely locked your screen. The purpose of this virus is not clear as it does not even try to imitate ransomware by asking you to pay for supposedly encrypted files.
However, this virus could still be in development mode and more time could bring about ransomware that will actually encrypt your files. Or this might just be an elaborate prank. It seems to spread via fake software downloads and unreliable software so it is quite easy to get infected. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call to take your computer security seriously. Delete Nyan Cat Screenlocker and you can return to normal computer use.
What does Nyan Cat Screenlocker do?
If you have a habit of downloading software from unreliable sources, you need to stop doing that. You are putting your computer in danger by doing that. A lot of different kinds of malware could spread via fake downloads. Instead of the intended software, you could be downloading legitimate ransomware, or in this case, Nyan Cat Screenlocker. Only use legitimate/official websites for software downloads/updates, this cannot be stressed enough. Also, never trust pop-up advertisements that offer you secure software or updates. They are probably hiding some sort of malware, which would not be noticed until it is too late. You need to research ways you can keep your computer safe and hopefully, the fact that you got Nyan Cat Screenlocker will encourage you to do that. After all, had you been careful, you would not need to remove Nyan Cat Screenlocker right now.
Just like all threats of this kind, Nyan Cat Screenlocker will enter your computer and immediately lock it. You will not have access to anything and will see a pop-up saying that Nyan Cat has locked your computer. An image of the popular Nyan Cat will be displayed in the background and you will also see a field in which a password needs to be put in. Supposedly, if you type in the correct password and press ‘Unlock’, you would regain access to your computer. Remember, Nyan Cat Screenlocker is not ransomware, therefore your files are safe. As soon as you delete Nyan Cat Screenlocker, you will regain access. Go to the below section of this article to find a guide to remove Nyan Cat Screenlocker.
Nyan Cat Screenlocker removal
Manual Nyan Cat Screenlocker removal might be too complex for regular users. Therefore, you will need to obtain anti-malware software to erase Nyan Cat Screenlocker. But first, you will need to bypass the lock screen to download/access the program. We have put together a guide that will help you eliminate Nyan Cat Screenlocker below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Nyan Cat ScreenlockerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Nyan Cat Screenlocker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Nyan Cat Screenlocker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Nyan Cat Screenlocker using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Nyan Cat Screenlocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Nyan Cat Screenlocker
Remove Nyan Cat Screenlocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Nyan Cat Screenlocker
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Nyan Cat Screenlocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Nyan Cat Screenlocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
- lockscreen nyan cat troja
- nyan cat troja was tun
- nyan cat troja windows 10
- Nyan e x e
- Step 1 Delete Nyan Cat Screen Lock using Safe Mode with Networking Remove Nyan Cat Screen Locker
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.