What is Okhomepage.com?
Okhomepage.com can take over your browsers without you even noticing it. The hijacker affects all well-known Internet browsers and changes their settings as soon as it enters your PC. It spreads online in free third party software bundles, which is why it is possible that you acquired it unwittingly. Although the hijacker is not a malicious threat, it still causes inconveniences and exposes you to potential threats. It can insert unreliable advertising data into your browsers or reroute you to websites with uncertain reputation. If you wish to improve your cyber safety level, you should terminate Okhomepage.com without delay.
How does Okhomepage.com work?
The website that replaces your home page and default search engine, Okhomepage.com, contains lots of data on it. It presents you with a search box, multiple quick access buttons, several ads, and list of categories like Games, Mail, Social Network, News, Shopping, Travel, Sports, etc. that also contain quick links. You should be cautious with the adverts that appear on the page, because some of them are clearly fake. If you make use of the OK Homepage’s search box, you will get results from Google Custom Search. This means that Google results will be modified by the hijacker to include sponsored links.
It is obvious that the browser hijacker aims at boosting web traffic by exposing you to a variety of advertising data. However, these advertisements should be handled with caution, because they are not all reliable. You could be rerouted to corrupted sites after clicking on them and encounter virtual scams. This may result in malware infections, financial losses, and other unwanted consequences. Moreover, the hijacker’s activities slow down your surfing and your system speed. Needless to say, you have more than enough reason to get rid of Okhomepage.com right away.
How to remove Okhomepage.com?
As it has been mentioned above, the hijacker is not malicious, so you can delete Okhomepage.com manually. However, automatic Okhomepage.com removal is a possibility as well, in fact, it is the more reliable way to go. If you acquire the anti-malware tool from our site, it will perform a system scan and detect all potential threats present in your system. The utility will erase Okhomepage.com and other founds issues. It will also safeguard your PC from future online attacks. If you decide to eliminate Okhomepage.com manually after all, you will have to uninstall its related software and edit your browser settings. Instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Okhomepage.com SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Okhomepage.com Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Okhomepage.com Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Okhomepage.com Search and related programs.
Remove Okhomepage.com Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Okhomepage.com Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Okhomepage.com Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Okhomepage.com Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Okhomepage.com Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Okhomepage.com Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Okhomepage.com Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Okhomepage.com Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Okhomepage.com Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Okhomepage.com Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.