Opinionfind.com is a useless search engine and a browser hijacker. If you find that you are constantly redirected to Opinionfind.com, then you have a browser hijacker on your hands. You must have gotten infected when you installed freeware and did not notice Opinionfind.com being attached. It’s not malicious and will not directly harm your computer. Actually, we’re not really sure what it does. Browser hijackers exist to redirect users to certain websites and they use the search engine to do that. Opinionfind.com search engine generates no results, so it’s rather useless. It does, however, claim to collect information about you. It’s not sensitive information but do you really want a questionable website to have access to anything to do with you. Take your privacy into consideration and uninstall Opinionfind.com.
Why should I delete Opinionfind.com?
Browser hijackers usually infect computers when you install freeware. In case you are not aware, freeware can have adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted items attached to it. Which is why it’s important to know how to protect your computer from such unwanted items. If you install freeware and end up with above mentioned items on your computer, the mistake you are making is opting for Default settings. Those settings do not show you if anything is attached, and if there is, that item automatically installs. To avoid unwanted installations, always choose Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to deselect all attached items and they will not install.
When it does install onto your computer, it will hijack your browser by altering its settings. It can affect all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You will find that Opinionfind.com has set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. As a search engine, it’s completely useless as no matter what you type in, it will claim to not have found anything. Usually, browser hijackers insert sponsored content into the search results and in that way redirect you to suspicious websites. Since Opinionfind.com cannot do that, as a browser hijacker it does seem rather unusual. It can still, however, monitor your browsing activities. It could have access to your IP addresses, web and search histories. You cannot be identified with that information but it’s not something you want questionable people to have. This is why we suggest you remove Opinionfind.com as soon as possible.
You can use anti-malware software if you have it on your computer and it should be able to easily delete Opinionfind.com from your device. If you choose manual Opinionfind.com removal, then you will need to locate and uninstall Opinionfind.com related applications yourself. Instructions for how to remove Opinionfind.com will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Opinionfind.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Opinionfind.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Opinionfind.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Opinionfind.com and related programs.
Remove Opinionfind.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Opinionfind.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Opinionfind.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Opinionfind.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Opinionfind.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Opinionfind.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Opinionfind.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Opinionfind.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Opinionfind.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Opinionfind.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.