What is Pagesnews.org?
Pagesnews.org is a browser hijacker that can alter your preferences without your permission. It can replace your home page and cause other unwanted modifications like inserting ads into your browsers, causing redirects, tracking your cookies, and so on. Although these may seem like minor inconveniences, they certainly lower the quality of your online surfing. Worse than that, the hijacker also exposes you to unsafe content. If you wish to improve your online security, we suggest that you get rid of Pagesnews.org right away.
How does Pagesnews.org work?
Just like any other browser hijacker, Pagesnews.org travels online with the help of free software bundles. When you install freeware, you agree to adding more programs to your PC, if you do not pay attention to the installation wizard. You can always opt out of installing the potentially unwanted apps, however, to do so you have to choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all optional offers. Make sure that you do the next time you install freeware as there is nothing useful about having unnecessary programs on your computer.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it alters your browser settings. This includes modifying your home page and default search provider. Both of these settings are set to Pagesnews.org. The website itself may not seem suspicious to you, but once it starts presenting you with sponsored data you will realize the it is not trustworthy. In addition to altered settings, you will also have to deal with never-ending ads. You will see advertisements on all sites that you go to regardless of their content. Please note that none of the adverts are checked by anyone before they are shown to you, so you could be exposed to false advertising. If you wish to avoid falling for an online scam, you should eliminate Pagesnews.org from your browsers immediately.
How to remove Pagesnews.org?
There are two possible solutions when it comes to Pagesnews.org removal: manual and automatic. If you choose to erase Pagesnews.org manually, you will have to uninstall its associated application from your PC and fix your browser preferences. Instructions on how to do that are presented below. If, on the other hand, you choose to go with the more reliable option, you will need to use a malware removal tool. The security software from our site can help you terminate Pagesnews.org and other parasites for good. It will also stay valuable to you even after you eliminate Pagesnews.org as the tool comes with real-time online protection and other useful functionality.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Pagesnews.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Pagesnews.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Pagesnews.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Pagesnews.org and related programs.
Remove Pagesnews.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Pagesnews.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Pagesnews.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Pagesnews.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Pagesnews.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Pagesnews.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Pagesnews.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Pagesnews.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Pagesnews.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Pagesnews.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.