Piesearch virus Removal Guide (Uninstall Piesearch virus)
Piesearch virus, also known as Piesearch.com, is technically not a computer virus, however, it may be referred to that way because it causes various inconveniences upon arrival. The so-called virus actually falls into the category of browser hijackers. It modifies your web browser settings after it gets access to your PC. It also causes ads to appear on your visited websites and redirects to happen at random.
The main goal of the hijacker is to expose you to as much commercial data as possible. By clicking on this data, you make profit for the hijacker’s developers. If you wish to go back to your original browser settings, you will have to delete Piesearch virus for good.
The main aspect of the hijacker is its ability to alter browser settings. It replaces your home page and default search provider with Piesearch.com. This website contains a search box and such parameters as Web, Image, Video, News, Map, and Game. Below the search box, you will see an advertisement. The advert may be unreliable, which is why we recommend that you avoid clicking on it. Unfortunately, the same can be stated about other ads that you will see while browsing the Internet. The commercial data is not endorsed by the hijacker, so it could be fake. If you do not wish to deal with unfavorable consequences of falling for a virtual scam, you should avoid all adverts until you remove Piesearch virus.
There are other reasons to eliminate Piesearch virus from your browsers like it causing redirects to its sponsor sites, slowing down your surfing and your computer speed, and tracking your cookies. Although the hijacker only collects your non-personally identifiable information, it is still shared with unknown third parties, which is not something you should be comfortable with.
How to remove Piesearch virus?
Since the hijacker is not a malicious infection, you can erase Piesearch virus manually. To do that, you will have to uninstall its related program from your computer and reset your web browsers. You can complete these tasks by following the instructions presented in the manual Piesearch virus removal guide below the article. Alternatively, you can have these tasks completed for you by a powerful anti-malware utility. The malware removal tool, which you can acquire on our page, will perform a system scan and detect all potential threats. It will delete Piesearch virus along with other unwanted files and apps. The security software will also stay useful in the future by providing your PC with real-time online protection and other features, from which you will benefit.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Piesearch virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Piesearch virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Piesearch virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Piesearch virus and related programs.
Remove Piesearch virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Piesearch virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Piesearch virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Piesearch virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Piesearch virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Piesearch virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Piesearch virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Piesearch virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Piesearch virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Piesearch virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.