What is Powermediatabsearch.com?
Powermediatabsearch.com is a fake Internet search engine which is promoted as a legitimate search provider. While some unreliable programs can be easily recognized, it takes time to realize that a search provider is untrustworthy, so it does not surprise experts at all that so many users decide to keep Powermediatabsearch.com and even use it as a tool for searching the web. Powermediatabsearch.com is not only a fake search provider.
It is usually referred to as a browser hijacker because it changes web browsers’ settings without permission. In most cases, it changes homepages and default search engines of browsers. Unfortunately, it is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, so if any of these is your default browser, you will definitely notice the changes applied by Powermediatabsearch.com. Do not let this search tool stay because even though it works, it is not a good search provider. Undoubtedly, you will want to delete Powermediatabsearch.com too after reading this article from beginning to end.
What does Powermediatabsearch.com do?
Powermediatabsearch.com tries to convince users that it is a legitimate search provider, but, in reality, it is far from being a trustworthy search tool. It can be called a tool for displaying commercials for users instead. Although it contains those buttons that could help to access popular third-party pages quickly and shows search results like legitimate search providers do, it has been found that its search results consists of a bunch of advertisements. These advertisements are shown for users not to make them angry or annoyed. They are there to promote pages belonging to third parties. Users contribute to this process by clicking on ads and visiting those pages even though they do not always know that they click on commercials instead of decent search results based on the search query. To be frank, it is quite dangerous to click on these sponsored search results because a redirection to a really bad page might happen. In fact, users risk ending up on untrustworthy pages with every click on them. As a consequence, it is definitely not a good idea to use Powermediatabsearch.com as a default search provider. Go to uninstall Powermediatabsearch.com to protect your computer from harm.
How did Powermediatabsearch.com enter my PC?
Browser hijackers are usually distributed using a well-known malware distribution method called bundling. They tend to travel together with freeware and shareware so that they would not be noticed by users and could enter computers easier. Since browser hijackers are not the only ones using this distribution method, go to get a security application. It will protect your PC from the illegal entrance of malware.
How do I remove Powermediatabsearch.com?
Go to change your browsers’ settings, i.e. set a new search engine to delete Powermediatabsearch.com. It will not show up again after doing that. Of course, some users might find changing browsers’ settings a complicated task. If you do not know where to start too, you should scan your PC with a legitimate anti-malware scanner to remove Powermediatabsearch.com. Keep in mind that not all the tools that exist are going to implement the Powermediatabsearch.com removal for you. Some of them are completely useless and spread malware only. Therefore, install only a fully reliable scanner for implementing the Powermediatabsearch.com removal automatically.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Powermediatabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Powermediatabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Powermediatabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Powermediatabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Powermediatabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Powermediatabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Powermediatabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Powermediatabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Powermediatabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Powermediatabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Powermediatabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Powermediatabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Powermediatabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Powermediatabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.