PriceFountain Ads Removal Guide (Uninstall PriceFountain Ads)
PriceFountain Ads appear in your browsers, because you have a potentially unwanted application installed on your computer. PriceFountain belongs to DealPly Technologies Ltd. and is classified as adware. Its main purpose is to boost online traffic by filling your browsers with all kinds of ads. It is promoted on its official page as a “dynamic online tool that automatically offers you relevant deals according to your online searches”.
However, that does not mean that you will actually receive any relevant information. Worse than that, the program can expose you to fake adverts that may lead you to corrupted pages. If you value your computer’s safety, you should delete PriceFountain Ads without hesitation.
How does PriceFountain work?
Although PriceFountain has an official page at pricefountain.com, the site does not contain a download link. Instead, the application travels in free software bundles, which makes it potentially unwanted. It is very likely that you installed it by accident. The program is presented in the installation wizard as an additional offer and if you do not notice it, you agree to adding the unfamiliar application automatically. If you want to avoid similar issues in the future, you should always choose Advanced installation mode, pay attention to every step of the wizard and decline all optional offers.
Like other ad-supported programs, PriceFountain starts filling your browsers with pop-ups, hyperlinks, coupons, and other ads as soon as it gets installed. You will see commercials labeled “PriceFountain Ads”, “Powered by PriceFountain”, and similar. You should know that not all of these adverts can be trusted. The adware does not monitor the content that it shows you, which means that the ads can be fake. If you click on a fake advertisement, you will risk infecting your PC with harmful software or falling victim to a different virtual scam. In order to make sure that that does not happen, you need to avoid all commercial data until you terminate PriceFountain Ads altogether.
How to remove PriceFountain Ads?
Luckily, PriceFountain Ads removal is not that complicated. You can uninstall the adware manually or automatically. If you choose to delete PriceFountain Ads manually, you can use the instructions presented below this article. Make sure that you remove PriceFountain Ads not only from your PC, but also from your browser extensions. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware utility and let it take care of your system for you. The advantage of this option is that the malware remover will clean your system completely, which means that it will eliminate PriceFountain Ads and other potentially unwanted files and programs. Moreover, the security software will also protect your PC from other infections by providing it with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PriceFountain AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall PriceFountain Ads. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like PriceFountain Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall PriceFountain Ads and related programs.
Remove PriceFountain Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PriceFountain Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PriceFountain Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PriceFountain Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PriceFountain Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PriceFountain Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PriceFountain Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PriceFountain Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PriceFountain Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PriceFountain Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.