What is PrintOnKey?
PrintOnKey is a deceitful piece of software classified as adware. It attacks computers suddenly, usually through bundled software. It is not a browser extension therefore it does not have an interface. Do you know what it means? You cannot really notice the presence of this suspicious application. The potentially unwanted program (PUP) can be spotted only as an executable process running in your Task Manager. The name of the process is printonkey.exe.
This is rather unfortunate because not many users constantly check their Task manager. If you notice this executable, you can know that you are under attack. As a result, you can remove PrintOnKey from your computer. The adware should not be kept on your PC for many reasons. One of them is its intrusiveness. It attacks users with lots and lots of commercial advertisements. It starts running the second you open your favorite browser. The browsers that can be affected by the application are the most popular ones: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Erase PrintOnKey if you want to use your PC normally.
Why is PrintOnKey dangerous?
The potentially unwanted program will not facilitate your shopping in any way. That is because it is created to collect money from your clicks, not to provide you with the best offers. You should know that the advertisements that you see on your browser can redirect you to sites that we do not recommend visiting. You see, the majority of the ads might be harmless. Unfortunately, there always are some fake advertisements. They will immediately redirect you to dangerous sites. No matter how an ad looks, there is always the possibility to be infected because of it. For this reason, you should avoid all the ads. It is important to know that there can be a lot of different advertisements like banners, pop-ups, coupons, sound ads, or even fake warning on system updates. The latter is the most dangerous kind of ads: this kind of warnings can infect your personal computer with rogue security applications, ransomware, and Trojan horses. We strongly recommend you to delete PrintOnKey now so that you would not have to deal with all the annoying things that come with it.
How did my computer get infected with PrintOnKey?
There is no source from which you could acquire the adware by yourself. This leaves us with only one possibility: software bundles. The PUP might have sneaked in together with some other application you downloaded. If you want to avoid such situations in future, here is our tip: pick the Custom/Advanced mode while installing freeware and shareware. If you do this, you will see all the programs that are going to be installed. Simply deselect them from the list.
How to remove PrintOnKey from my PC?
PrintOnKey removal should be a piece of cake with the help of a legitimate anti-malware and anti-spyware program. What is more, it will not only uninstall PrintOnKey. The security tool will also remove everything that poses even a slight threat and will keep your PC safe from incoming infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PrintOnKeyUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall PrintOnKey. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like PrintOnKey and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall PrintOnKey and related programs.
Remove PrintOnKey from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PrintOnKey from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PrintOnKey from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PrintOnKey from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PrintOnKey or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PrintOnKey from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PrintOnKey from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PrintOnKey from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PrintOnKey from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PrintOnKey and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.