What is Pro-search.me?
Pro-search.me is a browser hijacker primarily targeting Mac computers. If this hijackers has taken over your browser, you need to start paying attention to what kind of programs you allow to enter your computer. Pro-search.me came together with some free software and you did not notice it. It will not harm your computer but that does not mean it should remain on your system. Browser hijackers have this irritating feature of exposing users to possibly malicious content which could lead to a serious malware infection. Hijackers change browser settings and try to redirect users to sponsored pages so that they can generate pay-per-click revenue. This is the primary reason why they even exists. Clearly, they will not benefit you in any way, so why allow them to remain. Delete Pro-search.me.
How does Pro-search.me spread?
Browser hijackers and adware can infect your Mac if you download free software that has them attached to it. It should clearly be stated whether something has been attached to the program you are about to open/install and if there is something, do not install the program. Unless, of course, you want to deal with hijackers and adware. Always make sure that what you are about to install is actually the program you want. It should be noted that you can deselect the added items if that option is available which would allow you to install the program without the attached items. Always check what you are about to install because otherwise, you will end up having to remove Pro-search.me or similar.
Why uninstall Pro-search.me?
Pro-search.me will suddenly appear on your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and/or Safari browsers and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. You will not be asked to permit the changes and will not be able to undo them unless you uninstall Pro-search.me first. When something enters your computer without your explicit permission, the last thing you should do is use it. Stay ways from this hijacker and eliminate Pro-search.me immediately. While it is not malicious, it will try to redirect you to sponsored pages so that it can generate traffic and thus make pay-per-click revenue. You may even end up downloading some kind of malware. You need to delete Pro-search.me at once. And if you are looking for search engine alternatives, look elsewhere.
If you can find where the hijacker is hiding, it should not be difficult to remove Pro-search.me. We will provide instructions to help you erase Pro-search.me fully. But if you are having trouble, there are plenty of professional removal programs compatible with Mac that would help you take care of Pro-search.me removal. Look into what program fits your needs the best and allow it to terminate Pro-search.me for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Pro-search.meUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Pro-search.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Pro-search.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Pro-search.me and related programs.
Remove Pro-search.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Pro-search.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Pro-search.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Pro-search.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Pro-search.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Pro-search.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Pro-search.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Pro-search.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Pro-search.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Pro-search.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.