Radamant ransomware Removal Tips (Uninstall Radamant ransomware)
Radamant ransomware, also known as .RDM File Extension Virus, is a malicious threat that comes from the TeslaCrypt family. The infection spreads through spam email attachments that appear in the form of PDF or Microsoft Word files. Its main purpose is to encrypt your data and demand that you pay the so-called ransom for it.
The message that the ransomware shows you after it corrupts your files does not pretend to come from any legal authorities, it explains exactly what had happened to your data and presents your with instructions on how to make the payment. We do not recommend following them. Instead, you should delete Radamant ransomware as soon as you can.
How does Radamant ransomware work?
As it has already been mentioned, Radamant ransomware mostly gets distributed through spam emails. These emails claim that their attachments contain personal or financial information about the receiver, which is supposedly why he or she should open it. What the attachment actually contains is a Trojan horse that infects your PC with the malicious program and saves it in the %Temp% folder. After the parasite enters your computer, it starts the encryption process. It encrypts your documents, photos, videos, game files, etc. with a strong AES-256 encryption algorithm. All files that it corrupts have the .RDM extension added to them.
Once the malware is done with the encryption process, it presents you with the ransom note. This note states that in order to recover your files you need to purchase a special decryption key. This key costs about $300, which should be paid in Bitcoins until a certain deadline. If you do not make the payment, the cyber criminals threaten to destroy the key, making it impossible for you to restore your data. Despite these threats, you should not follow the demands of the cyber crooks as there are no guarantees that you will get your files back, even if you pay them. We advise that you terminate Radamant ransomware without delay and try to recover your files in other ways.
How to remove Radamant ransomware?
Before you can decrypt your files, you need to make sure that you remove Radamant ransomware completely. This can be done with the help of the powerful malware remover that you can download from our page. It will scan your PC, detect all harmful components, and eliminate Radamant ransomware completely. In addition to Radamant ransomware removal, the security software will also make sure to keep your computer safeguarded in the future as long as it stays installed and updated. After you delete Radamant ransomware, you can recover your files by using backup. If you do not have your data backed up, you can try using such file-decryption tools as R-Studio or Photorec.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Radamant ransomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Radamant ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Radamant ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Radamant ransomware and related programs.
Remove Radamant ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Radamant ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Radamant ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Radamant ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Radamant ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Radamant ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Radamant ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Radamant ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Radamant ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Radamant ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.