What is Rotor ransomware virus?
Rotor ransomware virus (also known as Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Rotor) is a dangerous threat that can infiltrate your computer without your notice. It spreads on the Internet through fake ads, spam emails with malign attachments, corrupted links, hacked websites, and so on. The aim of the ransomware is to extort money from you. It achieves this goal by making your files worthless to you. After the parasite encrypts your data, it presents you with a message that claims that the only way to get back your files is by paying the cyber crooks off. We advise strongly against that as there is no way you can trust the criminals. What you should do instead is terminate Rotor ransomware virus without hesitation.
How does Rotor ransomware virus work?
The main symptom of the virus is that it encrypts your data files, once it infiltrates your computer. It affects all of your important data including your documents, photos, videos, presentations, audio files, and so on. All corrupted files have the “!____GLOK9200@GMAIL.COM____.tar” or “!firstname.lastname@example.org____.tar” extensions added to them and they can no longer be opened by using regular means. As soon as the encryption process is complete, the malware presents you with a so-called way out: what you are advised to do is contact the criminals via the specified email and wait for further instructions.
If you actually email the hackers, you will receive an answer informing you of the fact that you have to pay 7 Bitcoins to decode your data. The sum of the ransom is completely ridiculous as it equals to about $4400. Clearly, you cannot waste so much money, especially considering that there are no guarantees when it comes to dealing with cyber criminals and when you can decrypt your files for free. Kaspersky Lab has developed the Kaspersky’s RakhniDecryptor, which you can download online. Other options that you can go for, in case the tool does not work for some reason, include using backup, the System Restore feature, or one of the other decryption tools available on the Internet free-of-charge. Before you do, however, you have to make sure that you get rid of Rotor ransomware virus for good.
How to remove Rotor ransomware virus?
The only way to properly eliminate Rotor ransomware virus from your computer is by using a malware prevention and removal tool. The security utility from our page can erase Rotor ransomware virus for you and terminate other threats that it detects in your system. In addition to that, the anti-malware will help you avoid similar infections in the future, so that you do not have to deal with Rotor ransomware virus removal or file decryption again. After you delete Rotor ransomware virus completely, you can move on to fixing your data by using one of the methods suggested above.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Rotor ransomware virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Rotor ransomware virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Rotor ransomware virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Rotor ransomware virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Rotor ransomware virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Rotor ransomware virus
Remove Rotor ransomware virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Rotor ransomware virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Rotor ransomware virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Rotor ransomware virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.