SaferSearchResults.com is a browser add-on, also classified as a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers enter computers because users themselves allow it to happen. They’re not malicious viruses, therefore, need your permission to install. safersearchresults.com will hijack your browser and make unwanted changes. It will then try to redirect you to sponsored websites. It’s advertised as tool that can help you browser safely as it will add warnings about potentially dangerous pages in the search engine. While it’s not malicious by itself, you should be aware that it could expose you to some quite suspicious websites. Those websites might trick you into downloading malware. Which is why you should remove safersearchresults.com.
Why remove safersearchresults.com?
You can download safersearchresults.com extension from the official website. However, if you do not remember doing so, you could’ve installed it unintentionally. When installing freeware, a lot of users use Default settings and are not aware that certain items could be attached to that freeware. If there is something, Default settings will not show you. So safersearchresults.com was attached to freeware and you missed it, therefore it installed. They are optional items and you can deselect them, but you would need to use Advanced (Custom) settings. Only in those settings will you be able to deselect them. So if you want to avoid having to uninstall safersearchresults.com, make sure to prevent its installation in the first place.
Once safersearchresults.com hijacks your browser, it will change certain settings and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These changes will be made to all of your browsers, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The hijacker will also employ certain tools to prevent you from changing the settings back. You would only be able to restore the settings if you delete safersearchresults.com from your computer. The tool is supposed to inform you of any dangerous websites luring in the search results and that certainly is a useful tool. However, it might also fill the results with sponsored content. A browser hijacker aims to generate pay-per-click revenue and to do that, it need to redirect you to those sponsored websites. In some cases, you could even be led to some rather questionable pages. Browser hijackers are known to sometimes lead users to malware. If you were to enter a hacked website, you might end up with serious malware. You should not be putting your computer in danger by allowing unwanted items to stay on your computer. We suggest you delete safersearchresults.com.
Browser hijackers can sometimes be tricky to get rid of because locating them can be difficult. If you were to choose to erase safersearchresults.com manually, you would have to find safersearchresults.com yourself. This is why we suggest you use a professional removal tool to uninstall safersearchresults.com. It should be able to take care of safersearchresults.com removal without issue.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SaferSearchResults.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SaferSearchResults.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SaferSearchResults.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SaferSearchResults.com and related programs.
Remove SaferSearchResults.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SaferSearchResults.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SaferSearchResults.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SaferSearchResults.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SaferSearchResults.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SaferSearchResults.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SaferSearchResults.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SaferSearchResults.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SaferSearchResults.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SaferSearchResults.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.