Search.funcybertab.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.funcybertab.com)
Search.funcybertab.com is similar to Search.mysafenewpages.com, Safesidesearch.com, Search.socialnewpagesearch.com, Search.newtabfun.com, and others. All of these browser hijackers belong to Imali Media. The company is infamous for its applications that claim to be beneficial, but are actually aimed at generating revenue for it.
The new tab page is supposed to provide you with quick access to useful security-related sites. Instead, it exposes you to unsafe links, floods you with ads, slows down your browsing, and creates other issues. You should not hesitate to delete Search.funcybertab.com from your browsers.
How does Search.funcybertab.com work?
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it replaces your home page, new tab page, and default search provider with Search.funcybertab.com in all of your browsers. This website contains a search box and such quick access buttons as Scan PC, Test Internet Speed, Scan Links, and Scan File. The trouble is that the Scan PC button actually reroutes you to a dangerous website that is blocked by many anti-malware tools. You cannot trust a website that presents you with links to malicious pages.
The hijacker will insert various adverts into other sites that you visit as well. It is clear that you cannot trust these ads either, because they may also be fake. If you click on a fake advert and land on a corrupted page, you will risk infecting your system with malware, losing your money, and so on. If you do not wish to take such unnecessary risks, you should eliminate Search.funcybertab.com from your browsers without delay. This will also help you get rid of other symptoms of the hijacker such as random redirects, Internet and system slow downs, tracking cookies, and more.
How to remove Search.funcybertab.com?
You can terminate Search.funcybertab.com manually or automatically. We recommend automatic Search.funcybertab.com removal option, because it will allow you to get rid of other unwanted files and programs that may present on your PC. All you need to do is implement an anti-malware tool. You can download the utility from our site and use it to scan your system. It will detect all potential threats and remove Search.funcybertab.com along with them. Moreover, the security software will also safeguard your computer from other infections. Alternatively, you can delete Search.funcybertab.com with the help of the manual removal guide presented below the article. It explains how to uninstall the hijacker’s related application and edit your browser settings.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.funcybertab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.funcybertab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.funcybertab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.funcybertab.com and related programs.
Remove Search.funcybertab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.funcybertab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.funcybertab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.funcybertab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.funcybertab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.funcybertab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.funcybertab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.funcybertab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.funcybertab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.funcybertab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.