What is Search.funkytvtab.com?
Search.funkytvtab.com is a yet another Imali product that is supposed to improve your online surfing experience, but actually does nothing but disrupt it. The hijacker enters your system as a part of an extension that you most likely acquired when installing other freeware. It aims at generating web traffic as that is how it makes profit for Imali. Once inside, the hijacker not only alters your settings, but also tracks your cookies, reroutes you to unknown sites, inserts ads into your browsers, and so on. If you wish to stop its annoying symptoms, you will have to delete Search.funkytvtab.com for good.
How does Search.funkytvtab.com work?
As we have already mentioned, the hijacker is a part of a browser extension that spreads online in free software bundles. Potentially unwanted programs use this distribution method because it allows them to enter computers unnoticed by the users. You need to be more attentive when installing free software, if you want to prevent similar issues in the future. In order to avoid the unnecessary applications, all you need to do is choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all additional components.
After FunkyTVTab gets installed, it switches your new tab, home page, and default search engine to Search.funkytvtab.com. The site provides you with a search box and such quick access buttons as Scan PC, Test Internet Speed, Scan Link, and Scan File. The Scan PC button reroutes you to a malicious website that is usually blocked by security tools. If the links provided on the main site of the extension cannot be trusted, then neither can the other content that is brought to you by Search.funkytvtab.com. You should stay away from all ads that it shows you no matter what they promote. To get rid of the hijacker’s symptoms and go back to safe browsing, you need to terminate Search.funkytvtab.com.
How to remove Search.funkytvtab.com?
There are two options that you can choose from: manual or automatic Search.funkytvtab.com removal. If you choose manual Search.funkytvtab.com removal option, you can use the instructions we have prepared below the article for your convenience. Please note that you can eliminate Search.funkytvtab.com from your browsers only after you delete its related extension from your PC. If, on the other hand, you decide to erase Search.funkytvtab.com automatically, you will need to implement a malware removal tool. The anti-malware presented on our page can delete Search.funkytvtab.com and other unwanted files and programs present in your system. Moreover, the utility comes with real-time online protection, so you will not have to worry about various online threats as long as you keep it installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.funkytvtab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.funkytvtab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.funkytvtab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.funkytvtab.com and related programs.
Remove search.funkytvtab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.funkytvtab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.funkytvtab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.funkytvtab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.funkytvtab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.funkytvtab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.funkytvtab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.funkytvtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.funkytvtab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.funkytvtab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.