What is Search.Funtvtab.com?
Search.Funtvtab.com is another browser hijacker which, after sneaking onto your computer, is going to change all web browsers’, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, settings. It usually makes two important modifications, i.e. changes homepages and default search tools. Evidently, it seeks that users would see it and use it as the one and only tool to perform searches on the web.
In the opinion of experienced specialists, it is a really bad decision to use it to search for the information because instead of displaying reputable search results, it is going to show a bunch of advertisements for users. The presence of these commercials is one of the main drawbacks of Search.Funtvtab.com. Find out what these ads are capable of and decide yourself whether or not it is worth going to delete Search.Funtvtab.com from browsers.
What does Search.Funtvtab.com do?
Search.Funtvtab.com cannot be called a reputable search provider because a) it changes browsers’ settings without permission, b) it starts displaying sponsored search results which have a potential of taking users to bad pages, and, finally, c) this search tool collects all kinds of information about users and their behavior online. Of course, the main disturbing thing is these commercial advertisements which are usually located on the search results page. It has been found that one click on a sponsored search result might result in a bunch of problems since they can redirect users to bad pages. These pages might contain dozens of bad applications or links which can redirect to external bad pages, so surfing them is, of course, not recommended. Unfortunately, it might be impossible to recognize those sponsored links, so users who use Search.Funtvtab.com as a default search tool risk ending up on a corrupted page every day. You will be safe again only if you delete Search.Funtvtab.com from browsers, so go to implement the Search.Funtvtab.com removal right after you read this article.
How did Search.Funtvtab.com browser hijacker enter my PC?
Browser hijackers find different ways to enter computers, but, undoubtedly, the main method used to distribute these computer infections is called bundling. This method has been given this name because programs travel in small software packages, and if users install the entire bundle without even checking what programs are going to be installed, they allow all of them, both trustworthy and untrustworthy, to enter their computers. The same has, most probably, happened with Search.Funtvtab.com, so if you remember downloading and installing new software from the web recently, it is very likely that a browser hijacker has entered the system at the same time too.
How can I uninstall Search.Funtvtab.com easily?
It is possible to remove Search.Funtvtab.com manually, i.e. to go and replace it with another search tool; however, it is not the easiest Search.Funtvtab.com removal method that exists. It is evident that the easiest way to take care of browser hijackers, including Search.Funtvtab.com, is to perform the scan with a reputable anti-malware/anti-spyware scanner. To remove Search.Funtvtab.com from browsers, you will need to acquire a 100% trustworthy scanner, so do not trust the first one you find on the web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.Funtvtab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.Funtvtab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.Funtvtab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.Funtvtab.com and related programs.
Remove Search.Funtvtab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.Funtvtab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.Funtvtab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.Funtvtab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.Funtvtab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.Funtvtab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.Funtvtab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.Funtvtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.Funtvtab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.Funtvtab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.