What is Search.imesh.net?
Search.imesh.net, also known as iMesh Search, is a browser hijacker that enters your PC as a part of a potentially unwanted app called iMesh. This application is supposed to provide you with free access to over 15 million music and video files. In addition to that, the hijacker has also been linked to BearShare software. The hijacker alters your browser settings upon arrival and causes other unwanted modifications that disrupt and slow down your online surfing. There is no question that you should eliminate Search.imesh.net from your browsers without further delay.
How does Search.imesh.net work?
iMesh spreads online in freeware and shareware bundles, so it is possible that you acquired it unwittingly. Once installed, the program changes your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. The home page is switched to Search.imesh.net, while your new search engine is replaced by iMesh Search. Your new home page presents you with a search box and four links to “Recommended Sites”, which include Facebook.com, FantasticGames, Music.torchbrowser.com, and YouTube.com. If you enter a term into the search box, you will get results from Ask Search. These results will include lots of sponsored links. If you wish to return to your preferred search tools, you will have to terminate iMesh Search.
Other symptoms that come with the hijacker include it causing redirects to unfamiliar sites in the middle of your surfing and flooding you with never-ending ads. The adverts will appear in your browsers no matter which sites you visit. You will be exposed to pop-ups, banners, interstitial ads, and more. It is imperative that you know that the advertising content cannot be trusted. It is not endorsed by iMesh and it can be fake. If you do not wish to risk your computer’s safety, you should avoid all ads at least until you get rid of Search.imesh.net.
How to remove Search.imesh.net?
In order to erase Search.imesh.net from your browsers, you will have to uninstall iMesh from your computer and edit your web browser settings. This can be done manually or automatically. We advise automatic iMesh Search removal, because it will allow you to make sure that your PC is cleaned from other threats as well. You can implement the anti-malware from our site, and it will scan your system and detect all unwanted components. The utility will not only delete Search.imesh.net and other unwanted files and programs for you, but it will also keep your computer protected while you surf the Web. The alternative solution is to remove Search.imesh.net manually. Instructions presented below the article can help you with this process.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.imesh.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.imesh.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.imesh.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.imesh.net and related programs.
Remove Search.imesh.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.imesh.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.imesh.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.imesh.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.imesh.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.imesh.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.imesh.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.imesh.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.imesh.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.imesh.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.