Search.myshoppingxp.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.myshoppingxp.com)
Search.myshoppingxp.com is similar to Search.myspeedtestxp.com, Search.mytelevisionxp.com, Search.yourinterestsnow.com, Search.yourmapscenter.com, Search.yoursocialhubnow.com, and other browser hijackers that belong to this group. The hijacker belongs to a potentially unwanted application called My Shopping XP by SaferBrowser, which is promoted as a tool that can provide you with the best online deals and quick access to your favorite online shopping sites.
The program can be downloaded from its official page, however, it also travels in freeware and shareware bundles. Its usefulness is questionable to say the least. We recommend that you terminate Search.myshoppingxp.com and its related program, especially if you did not download it yourself.
How does Search.myshoppingxp.com work?
As soon as My Shopping XP gets installed, it changes your home page, new tab, and default search provider to Search.myshoppingxp.com. This site presents you with two search boxes, and such quick access buttons as Yahoo Shopping, Amazon, Overstock, HSN, and Local Weather. If you enter a term into one of the search boxes, you get redirected to Search.yahoo.com. This page shows you relevant search results, however, it also displays various sponsored ads and links. You may also notice an increase in the number of commercials that you see while surfing the Web. It would be best to avoid all suspicious adverts until you delete Search.myshoppingxp.com, because they may be unreliable.
As it has been mentioned above, you can acquire the application from its official site, or by accidentally installing it along with other freeware. Free software often comes bundled with potentially unwanted programs, which you may not notice during the installation process. If that is how you acquired the SaferBrowser tool, you may have additional unwanted apps on your PC. You should uninstall them as well. To avoid similar situations in the future, make sure that you pay attention to every step of freeware installation and decline all offers of unfamiliar programs.
How to remove Search.myshoppingxp.com?
If you want to remove Search.myshoppingxp.com manually, you will have to uninstall its related application from your computer and modify your browser settings. Manual removal instructions below are presented for your convenience. A more effective solution, however, would be to delete Search.myshoppingxp.com automatically. If you download the anti-malware tool from our page, it will scan your PC and detect all potential threats. You will then be able to eliminate Search.myshoppingxp.com, My Shopping XP and all other unwanted files and programs. In addition to Search.myshoppingxp.com removal, the security utility will also help you make sure that your system stays safeguarded in the future. The software will provide you with real-time online protection as long as you keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.myshoppingxp.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.myshoppingxp.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.myshoppingxp.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.myshoppingxp.com and related programs.
Remove Search.myshoppingxp.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.myshoppingxp.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.myshoppingxp.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.myshoppingxp.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.myshoppingxp.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.myshoppingxp.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.myshoppingxp.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.myshoppingxp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.myshoppingxp.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.myshoppingxp.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.